Sasha - The Gallery - *NEW 08 / 10 / 2015*

sashwilko

Great banner for your gallery. I really like it! The globe is a neat creation. You've done a nice job following the tut. :) The "Fragile" piece has a beautiful texture and wood design with such gorgeous lettering! Basically, you've done tremendously well for just starting off. I can't wait to see more. 

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

I agree a great start to your gallery and you seem to have a great grasp of PDN already,can't wait to see what the future brings.  I personally would like to know how you do your outline sig ? Have tried a few outline fonts but none come quite as close to stunning as yours :( although I have created 5 new ones which will be showing soon ;)

Edited by minners71

Isn't that font called "Aharoni"? (I've been using it a lot lately)

Minners...you of all people should know you don't need an outline font to make the outline of a font xD

Nice gallery you have here, Sasha! I'm going to have to agree with everyone here...that's a really nice-looking sig.

Edited by pdnnoob

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Sasha, lovely works so far. Tutes are a great way of learning concepts & I think you will go far as you already have a great grasp of the concepts. Great to see your gallery up :D

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

What a really nice start to your gallery here Sasha, your very good at following tutes and adding other touches to them, really like your sigs too. I look forward to more :)

ZXCBOoZ.png

Thank you all for your kind words :) It is nice to get compliments from talented members on here. I do plan to discover more about PDN and hope to add other things too, not just tutorial ones, but like barbieq25 mentions, tutorials are the best way to learn on here :) Again I thank you and I hope to learn from you all too. ;)

pdnnoob - true, the font is - Aharoni. A nice clean font.

Minners71 - I just outlined the font with outline object radius - 8  deleted the inside parts with magic wand,  then ran AA assistant twice or three times (I forget), then drop shadow a real light grey (RGB all 175)  to get the desired result,  the sliders from top to bottom were set as follows - X and Y on 2, Widening - 0, Blur - 3 Opacity - 255. for the middle S I used an upper case S on a different layer but smaller size to match the other lower case letters, then moved it to join the other letters. 

(the reason I used a smaller upper case letter for the middle S was because of the outline on a lower case S was too wide)

But looking at your signatures and your art, you don't need tips from a new arrival like me anyway, yours are perfection. :)

swIFX9v.png

@Sasha like everyone has already said never sell yourself short.  I had tried several times but not managed to get it looking as clean as yours and then discovered as soon as the drop shadow was put in that it came together.

Sasha, we all have our own methods of creating things and none of us think alike though sometimes very similarly. Sharing what steps you took in creating something is very helpful. It might spark a new idea for all of us. ;)

sig-1.png

My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

I'd like to echo the compliments about your sig, Sasha. Very clean and minimalistic.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Thank you for the welcome Welshblue :) And thank you all for the encouragement too. What a really nice friendly place to be :)

Thank you also pyrochild - to get praise off Admin means a lot to me :)

At Minners71 - Remember who to give a credit to if you win a sig battle ;)

Edited by sashwilko

swIFX9v.png

Nice works here Sasha :)

The tutorials you have followed are very impressive. I like how you think outside the box with yellowman's metal text and shield tutes to create something unique.

Great sig and nice to see your art. I like others, look forward to seeing more too :) 

BREtKQW.png

Welcome.Cool start to your gallery,nice clean work.You have a good handle on the techniques already.As said above learn the techniques then put them into your own work.Good to see you participating in the comps as well.Looking forward to seeing how your work progresses. :smile:

Very nice gallery. Learning from tutes is so much fun. I haven't even tried pdnoob's planet, it looks complicated.

No matter how experienced you are, there's always something to learn. And if you have a different way of doing something, it's new to somebody.

Thank you DrewDale, dug and blackpenny. I am learning each time I open up PDN, true that the tutorials are fun to learn from, plus I look around the gallery and wonder if I could perhaps be inspired by what I see (the answer is yes, but all I have to now is figure out how to do it)  :)

blackpenny, the tutorial pdnnoob has made is really simple to follow (even for a new arrival)

The next tutorial I plan to follow is jim100361's puzzle picture one, that will be a challenge I'm sure of, but the more I learn the more I grow. :lol:

swIFX9v.png

Great start to your gallery.  They all appear very well done - especially for someone new to Paint.NET (I was forever forgetting to use AA Assistant - and still do sometimes) to clean-up some of my work.

I can't wait to see more...  and good luck on the puzzle piece, I hope you enjoy it.

Hi Sasha and Welcome.  Your Gallery entries are all fantastic - well done.  You have the touch for this and I, like the others, look forward to more.  Your results are so clean and crisp with not a jaggy anywhere :)

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Thank you jim100361, I will be doing your tutorial this week sometime and will post the outcome :)

Thank you for the comment and for the welcome too, nanettealsop, I'm happy that you like my work so far. :)

Edited by sashwilko

swIFX9v.png

It took me quite a while to do it, but I got there :D thanks for the comment. Next I plan on trying to do Helen's glass orb tutorial (if I can find it) and your jewel one too :)

swIFX9v.png

I think she might've meant this one, Welsh, but I'm not sure. http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/15707-glossy-galaxy-ball-tutorial/page__hl__galaxy ball

By the way, Sasha, you did an amazing job on the puzzle. I'm pretty sure Jim is grinning from ear to ear. It's a treat to see such a successful result! Wow! I'm really happy for you. :)

Edited by HELEN

sig-1.png

My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Thank you for the glass cube link Welshblue, that's another one to do now :) Thank you Helen for the link to the glassy ball, I have also just noticed that there is a link to it in your sig :)

Jim100361's tutorial was really good to follow, lot's of pictures and arrows, helped me, Thank you for the feedback :)

swIFX9v.png