Mastering Paint.NET - ebook

Ego Eram Reputo

Thanks barbieq25.  I feel like a real author now :mrgreen:

• Upvote 1

'Noob - have you seen the first image in the chapter on blend modes?  It relates to the quote in your sig ;)

Unfortunately, I have neither the money nor the credit card (under-aged :( ) to buy the book, so I can't see your book in all its glory...

Glad to hear that my favorite quote on the forum is out there for everyone to enjoy!

Edited by pdnnoob

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Ego Eram Repuito - " I recommend following the Amazon publishing guidelines - even if you don't intend releasing via Amazon.  I started with the Smashwords guide and had to rewrite section and styles for Amazon.  I wish I'd just done it the Amazon way first."  I noticed that.  There is another program I'm trying out.  So far, it's uploaded okay.  I'm doublechecking for errors and such right now.

pdnnoob- You might find my entry in one of the challenges someday soon.  It's fun, looking at all the images here and there and know that I can finally do something like that. 

• 2 weeks later...

None at all I'm afraid Edma.

You have posted here, so I know you have a computer/phone/tablet :) The screen is the format I have exclusively created this ebook for.

Amazon have a large number of Kindle applications which can be downloaded free (look for a link previously posted in this thread). Any of these will show my book the way I intended it to be seen.

I downloaded Kindle for PC, and while I would use your book mostly while I am at the computer (I haven't bought it yet, but I will, I promise), I would like the option to use it on my Kobo reader. There are a lot of sites on how to remove the DRM from e-books so they can be read on different devices. They say it's legal as long as it is for personal use only, but I'm wondering what you as an author think of it. It doesn't seem entirely right to me, or am I being too goody-goody?

I'm against DRM removal.  The author has chosen for the digital rights to be applied for a reason, and that reason should be respected.  The most common reason for DRM removal is of course illegal copying.  Not that you would :)

I know that your Kobo uses the Epub format.  You (and anyone else) can get a copy of my book in this format directly from me.  I'll send you a PM to explain.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Mike.  This ebook is for sale in epub and Kindle formats only.  

The Kindle version is sold exclusively via Amazon who make free reading apps available for just about any screen you choose to view stuff on.  I personally distribute other formats but PDF is not one of them as it is too easy to copy.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for this book. I will definitely be buying it.

Hoverkitties.gif

Be the kind of Woman, who, when your feet hit the floor in the morning, The Devil say's OH NO, SHE'S UP!

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened."...Anatole France

Scott, 

This is exactly what I need! However, I don't own a Kindle. Is there another way I can get the book? 

I sure hope so! 

You can download a free kindle reader for PC from Here  Amazon)  :)

• Upvote 1

swIFX9v.png

Sasha has beaten me to the answer!  :)

Amazon offer a free Kindle app for almost every device.  The PC version is what you need to read my book (or any other Kindle book) on your computer screen.

• 3 months later...

Thanks so much for this ebook - it has helped me a great deal, along with having it in my tablet as I am working on PDN on my laptop.  Nicely done!! ;)  :rainbow:  :smile:

"Listen, or Your Tongue Will Make You Deaf" 

Native American Proverb

SIGCOMPLETED072313SPACEAGE-150pxby500pxp

@ Asher & Kamala:  Thanks for purchasing it :)  I'm glad you found my ebook useful! 

• 3 months later...

I am new to the Forums I asked about not being able to download ebook from Amazon after scrolling down the page I found the answer and now have the ebook to read sorry to be a nuisance try not to let it happen again

Hi Pat75ric!  Welcome to the forum :)

I wrote the book to help new users - so I hope it helps explain things for you.  

Don't worry that you're being a nuisance - you're not.  The forum is all about helping people learn this great image editing software.  Feel free to ask if searching fails to provide an answer (hint: try this Search Tool )

• 1 month later...

My fiance rearranged everthing and now I can't seem to find a damned thing but I believe I bought this (is there another?) and all it gave me was a description of everything; a lot of acronyms. I want a book on how to use the program.

I posted this summary of the sections and chapters in the first post of this thread.

Contents at a glance:

Contents

Introduction

About The Author

Dedication

Acknowledgments

Conventions & Abbreviations

SECTION 1 Before You Start With Paint.NET

Chapter 1 - Introducing Paint.NET

Chapter 2 - Installing Paint.NET

SECTION 2 Basics

Chapter 3 - Understanding The Interface

Chapter 4 - The Menus Explained

Chapter 5 - Tools

Chapter 6 - Color

Chapter 7 - Layers & Layering

Chapter 8 - Adjustments

Chapter 9 - Effects

Chapter 10 - Selections & Selected Areas

SECTION 3 Advanced Concepts

Chapter 11 - Plugins

Chapter 12 - File Formats

Chapter 13 - Understanding Printing & DPI

Chapter 14 - Blend Modes

Chapter 15 - Customizing Paint.NET

APPENDIX A Keyboard Shortcuts

APPENDIX B Summary of Tips

APPENDIX C Online Resources

APPENDIX D List of Plugins

APPENDIX E Menus

There is a great deal more than "descriptions of everything and acronyms". Here's an example from chapter 5 - Tools

yhsjjie-180.png

Well, now you've done it. Eliminated my "I can't figure that out" excuse. While dragging me into the -gasp- 21st century, of literature. 

Many thanks for the hard work needed to create and produce this work;  I shall look forward to advancing my smattering of discordant knowledge into a unified whole. 

... as soon as I figure out how to spell amazondotcom,  I'm good to go.14638b38.gif

Scooter

Age is only  a number --in my case a Really BIG number, but there you have it

When the prefect paint.net image is created, I will still be wondering "How they Do that?"- sigh☺️

You're almost there

Stop looking at those imposing, scantily clad women on the website you're going to :)

OH! Thats the problem.

So much to see on the inter-web and so little time......... HEY Welshblue how'd You know what I....never mind e1eb136c.gif

585c1fd4.gif Merry Christmas,

....................................................Happy Holidays

.........................................................or whatever joyful, kind, gentle greetings is correct for you

Scooter

Age is only  a number --in my case a Really BIG number, but there you have it

When the prefect paint.net image is created, I will still be wondering "How they Do that?"- sigh☺️

Some of you will be aware that I've been writing a book on Paint.NET. Well, it's finally here....

yhsjjie-76.png

I've written this book for beginners through to advanced users. I hope Mastering Paint.NET 3.5.10 will prove the definitive guide to our beloved image editor.

It's a complete reference to every feature, nuance, tool, filter and effect found in Paint.NET. It's almost 400 Word pages with hundreds of color images, tips, detailed explanations, hints and how-to guides.

absolutely loving it - Amazon have asked me to rate it - done ...thank you so much

If you downloaded and installed mozilla firefox, you could use the cloud reader AND uninstall IE9, freeing up space for something more useful :)

do you mean to say anyone uses IE???? aaaaaagh!!!