PaintNet portable on school computer or USB drive?

noobpaint

I found the application on portableapps and they say they got permission from the author of the software.

However, I cannot make it work because it's asking for Visual C++ and you know guys I'm not an Administrator so is there a way to have PaintNet 100% portable?

Liberkey does a portable version. From the FAQ:

However, LiberKey has permission to distribute a portable version of Paint.NET. If you use their portable version, please direct all troubleshooting questions to them.

Liberkey does a portable version. From the FAQ:

I also used forum's search function and found LiberKey from a similar thread, it looks a interesting and very handy suite.

However, I may test it next week and see if PaintNet works straight or if the bloody high restricted computer will rise some more alerts.

Thanks for support.

Unfortunately I may still not run Paint.Net on the school computer.

Paint.Net has too many dependencies with Windows and now when I launch it from Liberkey it asks for netframework! :(

The .NET framework is required to run Paint.NET. There is no avoiding this requirement.

If your school computer does not have the correct version installed seek out the IT person and make a case for having it installed - along with Paint.NET.

If you're on XP and they won't let you install the .NET Framework (you'll need 3.5 SP1, not 4.0 or 4.5 as you might logically think), then you're out of luck.

On Windows 7, .NET 3.5 SP1 is built-in unless they've specifically removed it. The Visual C++ runtimes will work fine if they're just sitting there in the same directory, and this is how the installer is able to use them, but I'm vague on the specifics.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Thanks everyone for help.

The computer I'm using runs Windows XP, my task is to assist members of the library who have access to "upgraded" systems running Vista.

It's a stupid and bully environment managed by a lazy and fat Manager, I already too many times asked to have my system (which also has viruses) upgraded too but they just not listen!

As per information, I tried Photo Filtre from LiberKey and it works just fine, but I don't like it and I don't want to learn another software.

There MUST be a way and I'll keep searching, maybe Windows running from external source like USB drive or hard disk will sort this out...