How to Install Plugins ×

JPEG 2000 Filetype (2018-09-26)

null54

This plugin loads and saves JPEG 2000 images, superseding the old JPEG 2000 plugin.

The plugin should be able to load and save most JPEG 2000 images, although loading large images may be slow.

btn_donate_SM.gif

Download:

Jpeg2000Filetype.zip

Source Code:

https://github.com/0xC0000054/pdn-jpeg-2000

• Upvote 3

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

Nice job null54. Thank you.

I'll flag the old plugin as obsolete and link to this thread - done.

Installation instructions:

1. download the zipped file attached to the first post in this thread.

2. Unzip it.

3. Copy or move the three *.dll files to the Paint.NET/Filetypes/ folder.

4. There may be a conflict between this plugin and the one it superseded. To avoid this you should delete the old plugin - you'll find it in the same folder.

5. Restart Paint.NET.

As this is a filetype plugin it will only show up as additional file extensions in the load/save dialogs.

Superb, thanks for the excellent plugin. Wish Paint.NET would have a plugin store where you just tick which ones you want to downoad/buy as this would be a no-brainer for many web artists. (Thinking eclipse like..) anyhow, excellent plugin and will give it a try now.

Hmmm, still not working for me. I got unspecified errors with the 1.0.0.0 version and now it is now saying unrecognized file type with 1.0.0.1

Cheers

Do you have a link to a file that fails to load?

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

Hmmm, now it is back to unspecified error. Here is one of the files that is giving problems. From Archive.org:

https://dl.dropbox.c...r_orig_0002.jp2

Thanks for your diligence, not sure why these jp2 files are giving trouble. Some others are fine.

That file loads fine for me, the only thing I can think of is it may be running out of memory.

What OS do you have, how much RAM?

PdnSig.png

• 3 weeks later...

My paint-dot-net = 3.5.10 portabLe (from Liberkey).

My OS = Windows 7 home premium 64-bit.

My laptop = Gateway NV50A.

My CPU = AMD phenom II X2 N660 dual-core processor.

My graphics card (either that or it's my graphics chip set = ATI mobility radeon HD 4250.

My RAM = 4 GB DDR3.

My hard drive = 500 GB, WDC WD5000BPVT-22HXZT1 ATA device.

My CD/DVD reader & writer = Optiarc DVD RW AD-7585H ATA device.

My monitor = Generic PnP monitor.

My sound devices = ATI high definition audio device, Realtek high definition audio.

My usb game controller = Logitech rumblepad 2 G-UF13.

I didn't build this laptop. I bought it online.

Ask me for any more info.

I downloaded version 1.0.0.2 of this plugin, but when I use it, I get the following error.

In the "Save configuration" box,

Preview, file size: (error)

After I click on the "OK" button, it says,

There was an unspecified error while saving the file.

Any help with this problem?

Edited by wakanasakai

Any help with this problem?

The Visual C++ 2010 SP1 runtime is required by the plugin.

PdnSig.png

• 9 months later...

Hi,

@null54, I was wondering, could this plugin support resolution information in the JP2 headers? I know this is optional, and libs such as openjpeg (or FreeImage which embeds it) do not support this yet.Though, you seem to use the jasper implementation; I've downloaded v1.900.1 source code, and it seems to support resolution information (through the JP2_BOX_RESC and JP2_BOX_RESD boxes defined in jp2_cod.h).

Or, is there a possibility you publish your plugin's source code?

Regards, Olivier

Hi,

@null54, I was wondering, could this plugin support resolution information in the JP2 headers? I know this is optional, and libs such as openjpeg (or FreeImage which embeds it) do not support this yet.Though, you seem to use the jasper implementation; I've downloaded v1.900.1 source code, and it seems to support resolution information (through the JP2_BOX_RESC and JP2_BOX_RESD boxes defined in jp2_cod.h).

Or, is there a possibility you publish your plugin's source code?

Regards, Olivier

That should be simple enough to implement.

Do you have any example files with DPI information?

PdnSig.png

Added support for loading and saving the resolution and transparency information, file version updated to 1.0.0.3. :)

PdnSig.png

• 7 months later...

JPEG 2000 is more standard really. It isn't great, but it isn't changing any time soon..

To clarify, it's the most recent standard to be released by the JPEG working group.  The standard JPEG that Paint.NET saves in is still the more commonly used file format.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

• 2 years later...

Fixed a rare crash and improved performance when saving, file version updated to 1.0.0.4.

PdnSig.png

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, mustard said:

Would .jpf compatability be possible?

You could try renaming the file extension to JP2 and see if the file loads.

JPF is an extension of the JP2 format and the JasPer library used by this plugin does not support the extended format, but some files may work.

PdnSig.png

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, Filip107Plays said:

Can you help me please? :/

Fixed in 1.0.0.5.

It appears that the behavior of the DLLImportAttribute's ExactSpelling field differs on the 32-bit vs 64-bit CLR.

The 64-bit CLR searches for the stdcall mangled names when ExactSpelling is true and the 32-bit CLR does not. :/

• Upvote 1

PdnSig.png

5 hours ago, IRON67 said:

Now I want to know, wether this plugin is affected or not.

This plugin uses JasPer not OpenJPEG.

• Upvote 1

PdnSig.png