How to Install Plugins ×

Lens Flare plugin

sradforth

Bring back the 90's with lens flares everywhere... ok perhaps not, but if you want to brighten a picture feel free to use my little plugin (thanks goes to the Codelab guys again in making this so easy).

Download Plugin:

CameraTrouserFlareV3.zip

Preview:

post-68589-0-82950000-1344015085_thumb.j

post-68589-0-74132200-1344208671_thumb.j

You may also like to take a peek at my selection obscurer plugin too, I find these two kind of handy in tidying up images.

Edited by sradforth
  • Upvote 2

Are you aware that MadJik has a plugin called Lens Flare? You'll find it here: MadJik' all plugins

@EER, Indeed I know of that also. I have that plugin installed too, this one is a little different IMO :)

ZXCBOoZ.png

Yes. I just wanted to head off a potential naming conflict :)

Sounds a fine idea so here we go.. Trouser Flare V3 and now contains a horizontal line in the blue flare bit...

Would love to see anything you use it in too, or any suggestions on what else it needs.

So we don't confuse forum users - can you please place the updates directly in the first post of this thread?

Many users will not see the most recent release if it is buried down in post #8 :)

Thanks.

Good work! - love the new name - perhaps a trousery icon to match!

I couldn't get the 'lens artifact scale' to do anything though?

Perhaps you could add the option to take the colour from the primary color (like the blue option), or do a rainbow option (colour aberation).

Just ideas to play with though - thanks for sharing.

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Great re-name B) heres one I made earlier, the one on the left is the original and the one on the right is erm....trouser flared :D

example.jpg

ZXCBOoZ.png

• 1 month later...

I never did get the hang of lens flares but I might give this a go. Many thanks for taking the time to write the plugin & NN for showing us more applications.

Love the name for it too :)

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

• 10 months later...

Don't use it on a transparent layer.

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

• 9 months later...
  • 5 years later...
  • 2 months later...

This is an amazing plugin. Works extremely well and produces amazing results.
The only thing I wish was in there was the ability to change the colour. The only modes there are "Standard" and "Blue". It could be cool if I could select "Blue" and then change the colour to produce a red version of the "Blue" lens flare.

Amazing work. You seriously cannot go wrong with this plugin (unless you apply a lens flare on a transparent background).
Hope @sradforth sees this.

Edited by PenguinVEVO
Updated opinion