Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sradforth

Lens Flare plugin

17 posts in this topic

Bring back the 90's with lens flares everywhere... ok perhaps not, but if you want to brighten a picture feel free to use my little plugin (thanks goes to the Codelab guys again in making this so easy).

Download Plugin:

CameraTrouserFlareV3.zip

Preview:

post-68589-0-82950000-1344015085_thumb.j

post-68589-0-74132200-1344208671_thumb.j

You may also like to take a peek at my selection obscurer plugin too, I find these two kind of handy in tidying up images.

Edited by sradforth

B) Nice, will have a play around at the weekend with this, thanks for creating. :)

Are you aware that MadJik has a plugin called Lens Flare? You'll find it here: MadJik' all plugins

@EER, Indeed I know of that also. I have that plugin installed too, this one is a little different IMO :)

Yes. I just wanted to head off a potential naming conflict :)

Sounds a fine idea so here we go.. Trouser Flare V3 and now contains a horizontal line in the blue flare bit...

Would love to see anything you use it in too, or any suggestions on what else it needs.

So we don't confuse forum users - can you please place the updates directly in the first post of this thread?

Many users will not see the most recent release if it is buried down in post #8 :)

Thanks.

Good work! - love the new name - perhaps a trousery icon to match!

I couldn't get the 'lens artifact scale' to do anything though?

Perhaps you could add the option to take the colour from the primary color (like the blue option), or do a rainbow option (colour aberation).

Just ideas to play with though - thanks for sharing.

Nice effect, how do you use the "Lens Artefact Scale" option by the way? It is not doing any change when moving the slider.

Thanks.

Great re-name B) heres one I made earlier, the one on the left is the original and the one on the right is erm....trouser flared :D

example.jpg

I never did get the hang of lens flares but I might give this a go. Many thanks for taking the time to write the plugin & NN for showing us more applications.

Love the name for it too :)

Sorry for being sooooo late, but whenever i try to add a camera flare, it turns out white, no matter what i do the settings, I even change my primary and secondary colors, but its still white, how do I fix it?

Flare are another thing, like the many plug-ins on paint.net that create nice effects.

Great plug in. Yes it is similar to Madjiks Lens Flare but gives far better results in my opinion. I will be using this one from now on. Thanks.