How to Install Plugins ×

Water Reflection (ymd:100725)

MadJik

@flmngseabass you have to restart Paint.net after you put the .dll into the effects folder.

I concur with @BoltBait that the link @Ego Eram Reputo gave is working but it's a different Plugin to 'Water Reflection'

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

So - I'm starting to get confused here.  @flmngseabass reported that he could not see the Water Reflection Plugin in the Drop down.  Then we get into discussing' Wet Floor Reflection' and whether the link to it is broken - which it is not.

So, back to @flmngseabass's query I have tested the Water Reflection by removing the old one I had, down loading anew from Page 1, and re-inserting into the Effects Folder.  It works fine.

girl-water-reflection.png

• Like 1

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Pixey. I have tried using the wet floor reflection plugin and when I do I see absolutely no effects in whatever image I am using it in. Totally ineffective. I have used the water reflection plugin in the past and it worked fine and yes, I have restarted Paint.net before trying to use it and it is NOT in the dropdown list as shown in my screenshot image. I'm at a loss:(:a

You must have your image on a new transparent layer.  i.e. New Layer and then go to Effects - Distort - and Wet Floor Reflection like this:

wet-floor-reflection.png

30b8T8B.gif

• 7 months later...

Hi again. Still having issues with the "water Reflection" plugin. It's in the effects folder in my paint.net folder but when I open the program it does NOT show up!!:(:(:( Now, I will say that I have two "effects" folders in the paint.net folder but the water reflection plugin is in BOTH:) 982685467_Paint.netNOPlugin.thumb.jpg.4e8ba3c34fa22ed6338ad8e691888405.jpgCould that be the problem and if so, how do I correct it?? Thanks....anyone and everyone:)!!!   

Which version, Classic or Store Bought, do you have of paint.net?  Also, your 2nd screen shot looks like another program and not paint.net.

Please close paint.net after you put the dll into the Effects folder (if you have Classic) and then look again under 'Distort'.

30b8T8B.gif

It is hard to make out your files from the screenshot. It looks like you have loads of strange stuff in there. 

I'd recommend you delete EVERYTHING in your Effects folder and reinstall the plugins you need from fresh downloads from this forum.

On 11/18/2020 at 5:53 AM, flmngseabass said:

water reflection plugin.png

@flmngseabass, you're using a very old version of Water Reflection. Please download the plugin again, so you have an up-to-date version.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

7 minutes ago, flmngseabass said:

Where do I find it??

I suggest downloading MadJik's plugin pack, so all of those plugins are up-to-date.

https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/7186-madjik-all-plugins/

8 minutes ago, flmngseabass said:

Oh, and how can you see that it is an old one I'm using?

Your screenshot shows the filesize of WaterReflection.dll, and it is not the correct size for the most recent version.

• You're a Smart Cookie! 1

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

10 hours ago, flmngseabass said:

Your Water Reflection plugin DLL does not work.

Make sure you use it on a good size image.  It does not work so well on small images.

30b8T8B.gif

Hello again. So I downloaded the new Water Reflection DLL you provided on page one of this discussion and it is clearly in my effects folder but still, it will NOT load into the distort drop-down window in the program:(:(   

ps. what is your real name??:):)

Madjiks version.png

Still NOT loaded.jpg

Just for the heck of it:

1.  Close PDN

2.  Run the PdnRepair.exe which is found in the Paint.net folder.

3. Reopen PDN and look again.

30b8T8B.gif

On 11/19/2020 at 10:17 AM, Ego Eram Reputo said:

I recommend you delete EVERYTHING in your Effects folder and reinstall the plugins you need from fresh downloads from this forum.

Your Effects folder is still stuffed full of odd files. Get rid of them all. Then replace the plugins you need.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Hello there,

I have been browsing through this string but have a brief question.... I downloaded paint.net from the Windows Store which means it's an application, not a downloaded program in my hard drive. I wanted to add a water reflection plugin which is the same updated DLL that has been mentioned above. 

Any hints on how to get that plugin added? It looks like adding a plugin to an app would require a totally different method correct? 

Some details:

Paint.net 4.3.11

Windows 11

Thanks so much!

Ruud

Hello @Ruud and Welcome :) 

The store-bought version has a slightly different way to put the Plugins into an Effects Folder.  Please read half-way down this these instructions:

https://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/InstallPlugins.html 

• Like 1

30b8T8B.gif

On 8/14/2022 at 7:30 AM, Pixey said:

Hello @Ruud and Welcome :) 

The store-bought version has a slightly different way to put the Plugins into an Effects Folder.  Please read half-way down this these instructions:

https://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/InstallPlugins.html 

Thanks so much! I was also able to get the downloadable paint.net on my laptop and added the extension.... works great!

Next step is to add the extension to the online version so I can use that one as well. Keeping you posted!