Pixey

Pixey's Gallery - GLASS APPLES.

811 posts in this topic

Wow. Just gorgeous and so realistic! Reminds me of Goon's guitars that he made and Welsh's. This is incredible! I love the notes in the background. Did you actually make that from scratch? If so, you're no human. ;)

Thanks so much @Helen :) The notes are done with custom brushes mini ..... you can do them line by line, or by a page. And yes, I did the whole thing PDN from scratch.

Edited by nanettealsop

Wow - very good violin - very tricky subject - well done!

Gosh Pixey! Amazing work! So smooth & I love the arrangement of the element too. The glasses are a wonderful addition. Bravo!! Galleria worthy!!

Amazing work, Nanette, what a beautiful image,

I have a suggestion, how about a faint reflection or shadow of the bow on the shiny face? I am sure you haven't missed that, may be you are right about not adding it.

@Red Ochre - Thank you for stopping by to comment.

@Drydareelin - Always appreciate your comments, thank you.

@Welshy - Thanks so much and you have reminded me that I need to add the link to the photo I used as my muse.

@BBQ - Lovely comments - thanks so much.

@Yellowman - What was I thinking? I completely forgot about the bow shadow. I have a lazy eye after a while. Hence to remember to leave it for a while, go have a cuppa or a glass of wine and look again.

th_Violin.png

Before

th_ThisnewoneforpaintNet.png

After

My Muse

Edited by nanettealsop

Pixey, it has a lot more oomph now. I cannot pick details like this until shown but Yellowman is so right (again :) ) Does this mean the shadow should be on the music sheets too just a bit? Do the glasses need a bit of a shadow on the paper as well? I'd have to be able to test it to work it out. :)

@BBQ - OK ........... it's official - I'm really feeling like an idiot now. Of course you are right .... the glasses and some of the paper did also need shadows. I think I have a mental block about this as, you will notice, each time one adds shadow the images takes on a darker side and I think my brain is opposed to it :| .

Herewith - image again with glasses shadowed. Don't think there is any place else for a a shadow (please, please not!)

th_FINALFINAL.png

I don't know. It looked great before and looks great now. The shadow does give it a "pop" more, though. I'm not the person to ask for criticism unless I see something right away.

Pixey, the original was great - hence my first comment. I made the comment to EER that my images never look "real" like Welshy's & Goonie too did a lot of realism with inanimate objects but you take the cake for portraits & animals along with Aislin. I cannot "see" what is needed unless it is pointed out or I can test it by having the real thing there for me to see. My mind's eye doesn't work as well as some folks'. Dyslexic people are very good at that sort of thing - in fact it is a gift that they have. Just ask my son :) So then Yellowman got me thinking but I still wasn't sure. I am stunned by the realism of the glasses on the paper. 100% nailed it with that! I am pleased that you went back & did the extra bit. It sure was worth it!

A huge difference now you've put more shadows in. And it looked good before ...

One thing I've just noticed is the tuning thingies. Could it benefit from the semblance of them being there on the left hand side ? The way you've done them on the R/H side is great

@WB - Argh! You are right! I didn't even notice them until I cranked up the resolution on the original image. I can now be officially called 'shadow-impaired'.

It doesn't help being a mono contact lens-wearer. Thanks for pointing these things out - I'll be more careful in the future :smile:

th_UntitledpngFINALFINALFINAL.png

All in all though it's still an excellent piece. You've inspired me to try to create one. Then again, you seem to always have some tantilizing works! Did you hand draw the sheet music as well?

Hi @Jim - Thanks so much for that. As for the musical notes, they were done with the help of Custom Brushes which, I suppose, is a little like cheating :evillaugh: . For the rest, it was all me and PDN :smile:

Yet another cracking piece of work,so realistic,you must have the patients of a saint.Well done!

Wow, that final image is fantastic, a huge improvement, I totally agree with Dug about your patience, with those additional highlights you have given a convex surface to the violin, great work pixey.

Pixey, that's not cheating using the custom brushes. You did a neat job!

Using Custom brushes is NOT cheating. It is working SMART not hard. It is another tool in our arsenal. My hat is off to you for being able to use them in the first place. I haven't been able to work it out as yet & I have a mental block with them.

There is a lot more to your images than flicking virtual paint onto a screen. :)

Thanks so much @Dug, @Yellowman, @Helen and @BBQ for your lovely comments smile_hearts.gif.

So glad you don't think Custom Brushes are cheating, as they do make life a lot easier. One could paint each and every musical note, but what a chore that would be.

Making the violin certainly was an eye-opener for me, as I realise just how blind I am to shadows pinkglassesf.gif. How important they are though. I think it's psychological with me, for once I've made an image I'm ready to finish it and doing shadows is that little extra bit of work.

Thanks for your support :pizza:

An Addition to My Gallery is Fantasy Girl/Woman.

th_FantasyFinalwithdblborder_zps9690fa63.png

I really like this girl's skin tone--realistic and natural-looking. I think that it adds life to her as if she's really standing there and posing. Beautiful hair streaks. Her braided hair fits her very well and with the fantasy theme. I would imagine her ears to be pointy, but since they're hidden behind her hair, we'll never know... ;) Beautiful and stunning piece of work, Pixey!

Nice works here! The glossies are awesome and the portraits are impeccable!

I really like the violin, (I play the cello) but my critique is... well, the glossies on the violin are a tad bit too glaring.

Well done!