Drydareelin's gallery [19/01/23 update] - 'Between the stars'

Drydareelin

Another lovely image from you. I will look at the dA page when I have more time :D 

I cannot decide if this one is sinister or lonely. Either way it evokes emotions :D

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Stars and nebula/galaxy is great. What let's this image down a bit is the reflection. Seems a bit too dark and not reflective enough if that makes sense. But great work on the space part as usual.

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

@barbieq25: I was going for the lonely, quiet feeling. Maybe I'll aim for sinister next time! ;D Thank you :)

@Helen: Thank you very much :D I'm not sure what I can do with a gajillion stars though

@Goonfella: Good point to make on the reflection! If I get any more comments on it, I'll brighten it up a bit. Thank you :)

The reason I'm not doing it straight away is because I've learned on this forum that no matter how much time you put into a piece, there will always be someone who doesn't like it :)

• Upvote 1

The reason I'm not doing it straight away is because I've learned on this forum that no matter how much time you put into a piece, there will always be someone who doesn't like it :)

And THEN comes along 'one of those' who just has to add their bit :lol: .

It's another beautiful piece, but I agree with @Gooney - but the opposite of him.  I think, just on the right side of the nebula where it meets the water, it should be a bit darker.  I looked at some pics on Google (to better explain what I mean) and came up with this one - it seems to blend better darker where it meets the water, rather than the white line.

See here

Sorry to be a pain slaphead.gif 

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

The white glow I can theoretically fix with a dark gradient.

The dark reflection can be easily fixed.

So far those are the issues, and should be an easy solve. But then this turns up. 

You will love this:

Goonfella: Reflection is too dark. 

Pixey: Part of the reflection is too bright. 

arkeoklept: Beautiful. The reflection is really effective.

This is hilarious, I might have to wait for more reviews of the image first :P

Also, thank you Pixey!

The white glow I can theoretically fix with a dark gradient.

The dark reflection can be easily fixed.

So far those are the issues, and should be an easy solve. But then this turns up. 

You will love this:

Goonfella: Reflection is too dark. 

Pixey: Part of the reflection is too bright. 

arkeoklept: Beautiful. The reflection is really effective.

This is hilarious, I might have to wait for more reviews of the image first :P

Also, thank you Pixey!

You can`t win eh Dryda? In any case the best judge of your images is you. If you are happy that`s all that really matters. :)

I took another look Dryda & it is definitely lonely. 

I am not sure that a dark horizon line would work because the sky & the water are already so dark. The light line for me at least, emphasises the feeling of loneliness because the horizon is bright-ish but very much empty. Lots of sky, lots of water, with only the big sky looking back...loneliness. 

I am pleased that you left the boat out. Sometimes images have a mind or life of their own & determine themselves. Well done Dryda!

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

• 1 month later...

I think it looks great. Clouds are really well done and I love the way you can see the colours of the sunrise just before it appears above the horizon. Background stars are awesome. Really realistic and I noted how some behind the cloud cover  were coloured to match.

You were right about the pixelated tree though but it only really shows up when viewed full size. Great image. :)

Dryda, it did have a familiarity about it :P

It is a lovely piece but the tree in the foreground should go. It is too pixelly & distracts, although having said that, I wonder what would happen if you used Smudge on the tree to even it out. Pixey gets the most amazing results with this plugin.

Otherwise it is just like Goonie said above - a beautiful image.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Nice feel to it, the deers on the hill are so lovely, and I like also the owl on the tree and the Milky Way/stars beyond the clouds, calmness and peace full place so appealing to me.

I am not sure if my screen settings are causing this but there is two circles, one around the fire and one around the far right tent by the windmill

Only thing I would try to add is some fog.:)

"Dawning" is really beautiful, Dryda. I can imagine the night being quiet. I can also hear the crackling fire and the soft footsteps of the running deer in the background. I bet there's a slight summery breeze, too. ;)

By the way, the sky is absolutely stunning. It reminds me of the times when my family and I would come out and stay late to just stargaze. Really nice scenery. Well done!

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

What a beautiful 'Dawning' :) .  I love it.  The skyline is so realistic and I love how you have it shining more next to the house.  I do not see the circles @YM speaks of, but I didn't see the owl until he mentioned it, so I went back to look and found I had to stand up from my chair to see it.  Guess it's the 'tilt' of my screen, or, like the masters do it, you have to view it better from a bit afar.  Fantastic Dryda :beer: .

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

The "Dawning" picture so what great, just great. Many thanks for your hard work. mdevjtju.gif

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Excellent work on all of the images on the front. I enjoyed the amount of detail you put in them, especially the "Dawning" picture. Exhibit C and Sea of Stars are also amazing! Your space scapes are super realistic.

Edited by JulioCoolio

@Goonfella: Thanks Goony :) That damn tree really annoyed me, and I couldn't tell when it was in PDN. Pff.

@barbieq25: I will murder all trees thank you :), I should probably use smudge more. For speed though I usually lasso-select the pixelated part and run a 1 or 2px Gaussian Blur. Really bad way of doing it, don't bother.

@yellowman: First one to spot the owl! My girlfriend, who designed the picture (on my hand I must add) didn't even notice the owl. And yeah I'm not sure about the circles, I don't see any... O.o

@Helen: Thank you! Just the idea of listening to a crackling fire would be enough to get me out; but like I said on dA, I'm half way there! 

@Pixey: Thank you very much! I think the skyline looks better than everything else because I've done it before...multiple times :P So yeah I did the sky in about 15 minutes then everything else took much longer.

@Seerose: Thank you very much :)

@JulioCoolio: Why, thank you! Out of all those 3, Sea of Stars would be the one I'm most happy with. Not because it's the best - but because it's one of the few I've done which come out exactly the way I wanted. I have a few like that :) Maybe someone should make a thread asking people to state their top 5 favourite pieces of their own art, might be interesting.

@Daniels: Thank you :D Though as lovely as it looks, there is no way I'd be a morning person at home or camping.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow!  That is truly spectacular and very 'out-of-this-world' B)  Me thinks there may be a black hole hidden in there somewhere ;)

30b8T8B.gif

Great image Dryda. I think the background stars, the planet and the nebula are all superb. Afraid I`m not a fan of the jagged line across it though. Just seems a bit out of place to me. But other than that it`s excellent. I like the colours you chose for the nebula. Nice one. ;)