5 replies to this topic

#1 88keys

88keys
  • Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationKilauea, HI

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:26 PM

Hello.

Is it possible to create text that lies at an angle other than the horizontal? I have seen plugins with neat tricks like circles and spirals, but what I need is only to write text at an angle but otherwise in the same plane. So "hello" in a straight line, but 45 degrees from true. I've looked at rotational tools, and all I can find are horizontal/vertical flips, which are not the answer.

If there is a command that I'm missing, or a plugin that would allow a text (or anything else) to be rotated along a non-90 degree axis, that would be great. Does such a thing exist?

Thank you very much.

#2 pdnnoob

pdnnoob

2013 Radiance Award Winner

• Moderators
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:29 PM

Yes, there is!
Just type your text horizontally on a new layer, then rotate it with the move tool (use the right mouse button to click and drag) or with the rotate/zoom tool found in the "Layers" menu
noobsig-1.png
what I do all summer Emote Cursor Pack 'noob gallery
No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait
Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

#3 Lance McKnight

Lance McKnight
  • Members
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:27 PM

Just to clarify pdnnoob's post. You can rotate the selection by using the right-button of the mouse. Holding down the shift and right-button will rotate the selection on a 15 degree increment.

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

#4 88keys

88keys
  • Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationKilauea, HI

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:48 AM

Ah, thank you. I can't believe it's been staring me in the face like that! This is fantastic, thank you both so much!

#5 Ego Eram Reputo

Ego Eram Reputo

2013 Proton Award Winner

• Moderators
  • 7,708 posts
  • LocationNorth Canterbury, New Zealand

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:58 AM

Try holding down the Shift key when you right-mouse to constrain the angle to 15 degree increments.

#6 yellowman

yellowman
  • Members
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:00 AM

Rotate text is a plugin included in dpy's pack, Effects>Text formations>Rotate text, there is actually two of them in the same pack, and you can control the exact angle and location:
http://forums.getpai...6643-dpys-pack/