----- insert title graphic here -----
Weekly Logo Competition #1 Theme: Yourself
Welcome to the LOTW #1! This is a competition where entrants create a logo, including a slogan, that has your name (or user-name). The slogan should be a catchy statement about one of their strengths, achievements, goals, etc. They then submit their logo to this thread.
Entrants must submit an image that follows the following rules:
- The image must contain a name (most likely of something that pertains to you, your interests, etc)
- It must contain a slogan. Something catchy that relates to your name or the purpose of the logo. Eight (8) words or less.
- It can be any size or any size ratio. Preferably no smaller than 200x200 pixels.
- The logo can be done in any genre, such as pixel art, space, psychedelic, etc.
- External programs ARE allowed, but most of it should be done in PDN, as this is what the contest is about. If you do use an external program, please state what you did in the external program, and preferably why you didn't use PDN for the said task.
- Optional: If you are in the top three, you may choose to do a tutorial on how you made your image. You may even choose to talk about as little as one effect in the image (e.g. how you got the nice metallic background or something).
- You must also post links to any stock images you have used.
- The winner decides the next week's theme.
The submissions thread will close after 10 submissions!
I have provided an example post:
Here is my entry!
I did the background, text, and heart in PDN, but I did the beveling on the text in Photoshop. The reason I didn't do a bevel in PDN is because Photoshop's bevel in this case is smoother.
Note how the image has a clear name, as well as a slogan.. "There for you... always." The user explains that he did some editing in PS and why he didn't use PDN for it.
Edited by Weylin, 21 November 2011 - 02:05 AM.