How to Install Plugins ×

'Portable Document Format' FileType Plugin (.PDF)

midora

I could fix my issues with a small change in ImSvg.Open.FileType and ImPdf.Open.FileType. These plugin were not prepared that some one calls them while the caller window is not available. So its fine for me and I can use pdfs and svgs as brushes. The anoying thing is just that the brush is always reloaded on selecing the brush icon. And these plugins show a dialog on load.

Anyway it looks like that your conflict is with ImPDF.Save.FileType. You are using v1.4 or? And there is no other ImPDF.FileType.dll in the FileTypes folder?

midoras signature.gif

I was using - ImPDF.Save.FileType v1.4 - And there was no other file type dll in the folder. 

swIFX9v.png

• 1 month later...

I just setup my new computer and I can't get PDF files to open in Paint.net. I have everything installed correctly (uninstalled and re-installed twice) and I keep getting the same error when I try to open a vector PDF image:

System.NotSupportedException: Loading not supported for this FileType

at PaintDotNet.FileType.Load(Stream input) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Data\FileType.cs:line 472

at PaintDotNet.Functional.Func.Eval[T1,TRet](Func`2 f, T1 arg1) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Base\Functional\Func.cs:line 158

I am running Windows 8.1. 

Any ideas?

First you should check that there is an entry "PDF Import - Portable Document Format (*.pdf)" in the file type selector of the open file dialog box.

If there is not such an entry then you should read the installation procedure again and check that you copied all files to the right location (especially the library into the root folder of Paint.NET.

midoras signature.gif

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Question incorrectly submitted by user ilapinsky via the Reporting tool:

Martin Osieka, on 01 Mar 2015 - 06:11 AM, said:snapback.png

Added description of the options used by the ImPDF.Save.FileType (including screenshots).

So I did as you have wrote above but when I open PDF file
I've got error

System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

at Ghostscript.NET.Interpreter.GhostscriptInterpreter.Dispose(Boolean disposing)

at Ghostscript.NET.Viewer.GhostscriptViewer.Dispose(Boolean disposing)

at Ghostscript.NET.Rasterizer.GhostscriptRasterizer.Dispose(Boolean disposing)

at OptionBasedFileTypes.OpenFileType.OnLoad(Stream input)

at PaintDotNet.FileType.Load(Stream input) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Data\FileType.cs:line 495

at PaintDotNet.Functional.Func.Eval[T1,TRet](Func`2 f, T1 arg1) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Base\Functional\Func.cs:line 158

any ideas????

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

• 7 months later...

I would really appreciate your guidance on the issue which I have had with PDF plugin

I have installed the ImPDF.Open.FileType and ImPDF.Save.FileType plugins.

They work ok, so I can open many of my pdf files, including the text pdf files consisting of a few pages. But sometimes when I try to open a multi-page pdf file I get the following error message:

System.ArgumentException: Size of layer does not match size of containing document

at PaintDotNet.FileType.Load(Stream input) in D:\src\pdn\src\Data\FileType.cs:line 496

at PaintDotNet.Functional.Func.Eval[T1,TRet](Func`2 f, T1 arg1) in D:\src\pdn\src\Base\Functional\Func.cs:line 158

so I cant open such files.

The path D:\src\pdn\src\Data\FileType.cs:line 496 does not even exist on my computer.

Why is this happening and what do I need to do in order to open such files?

I have Windows 10 Home 64x-bit

Edited by jbionic

• 2 weeks later...

System.FormatException: Stream format is not valid! Please make sure it's PDF, PS or EPS.

at PaintDotNet.FileType.Load(Stream input) in D:\src\pdn\src\Data\FileType.cs:line 496

at PaintDotNet.Functional.Func.Eval[T1,TRet](Func`2 f, T1 arg1) in D:\src\pdn\src\Base\Functional\Func.cs:line 158

I am also having an issue, similar to the one above.

I am also having an issue, similar to the one above.

You should really post one of PDF files that is causing the issue. That way @Martin Osieka can take a look at what's going wrong with it.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

• 1 month later...

Formatting problem due to our custom TABLE tags not being supported by the new forum software.

Fixed :D

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

The problem I had earlier today has been resolved by uninstalling Paint.net and reinstalling to the default Program Files folder. My original program was done to a folder I created as part of a custom install. After the new install I just copied the plugin to the default location and now everything's fine. I do mean fine, this is an excellent piece of work. I've been programming for 32 years and doing graphics almost that long, and both Paint.net and this psd plugin are most admirable efforts.

Sincere thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, appreciate any help you can give.

Have installed Paint.Net 4.0.12 and Ghostscript 9.20 as per the instructions. 

But where do I find the following files? 

- two files OptionBasedLibrary vX.X.dll/.dlc 
- two files 'ImPDF.Open.FileType.dll/dlc'
- "ImPDF.Save.FileType vX.X.zip"

Thanks!

I made the link larger, bold and red to make it more obvious.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.

can save my pdf, but can't open any pdf (previously saved by plugin or some other) 

Paint.Net 4.0.12 and Ghostscript 9.20 (x64) 

Edited by Banzai

• 1 month later...

I'm having trouble with the download link. I'm guessing this is a new problem since nobody mentioned it in the last several months (years?).

The ">>here<<" link starts as http://forums.comsquare.ch/viewforum.php?title=ImPDF.FileType, then redirects to http://comsquare.dynvpn.de/forums/viewforum.php?title=ImPDF.FileType.

Anyway, this results in a "connection timed out" error...  Anyone have any insight/suggestions?

Looking forward to using this plugin...everyone seems to love it!

34 minutes ago, MattHays said:

Looking forward to using this plugin...everyone seems to love it!

Try to download the latest versions of both files (ImPDF.Open.FileType v1.1 & ImPDF.Save.FileType v1.4) from here.

22 minutes ago, ReMake said:

Try to download the latest versions of both files (ImPDF.Open.FileType v1.1 & ImPDF.Save.FileType v1.4) from here.

That was almost too easy...the "Wayback Machine."  (forgot about that)

I have files in hand now.  Thanks for the suggestion!

• 6 months later...

Zipped DLLs links added to the first post.

@Ego Eram Reputo

"Allows paint.net to save images as PDF documents" is what it says in the index.

I never knew it could open as well.

Might I suggest a minor edit to the index;  "Allows paint.net to open or save images as  PDF documents"

With all the tuts being converted to PDFs - this plugin file type is a handy tool. B)

PaintNetSignature.png.6bca4e07f5d738b2436f83d0ce1b876f.png

54 minutes ago, AndrewDavid said:

Might I suggest a minor edit to the index;

You can. I've flagged this change. Thanks for the suggestion.