Download the latest version v1.3 here
The 'About ImPDF.FileType...' section provides a rough description of options and features.
Unzip "ImPDF.FileType vX.X.zip" and copy the two files "ImPDF.FileType.dll" and
"ImPDF.Command.exe" into the "FileTypes" folder of your Paint.NET installation.
A typical location is "C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\FileTypes".
Screenshot of some options
- Added Content option which allows to store the composite (flat) image or the layers or both
- Added Viewer settings for open pdf in window mode. This allows to define things like the visible panel, the layout of the pages in the window, the view size of the image, the zoom value, the start page and more
- Added Security Settings: This allows you to encrypt the PDF using 40bit and 128bit password protection. You may define a password required to open the pdf and restrict the access to the pdf. Encryption is not possible if you like create PDF/A documents
v1.2: Added conformance to PDF/A-1B ISO standard for long-term archiving of documents.
Select this feature via the "Conformity" combo box in the "Save configuration" dialog.
In additon you have to select an RGB color profile (best would be the one of your display).
See www.color.org for the idea of color profiles. By default the plugin looks for the
profile "ImPDF.Default.icc" in the Filetypes folder of Paint.NET. So you may place a copy
of a profile there.
v1.1: Adds some layout and viewer options.
Select the page size from some presets or choose a user-defined size or the image size.
Borders may be added to restrict the part of the page used for displaying the image.
The image can be scaled and positioned relative to the page.
Viewer options allow you to view the page rotated or in full screen view at the time
when you are opening the PDF.
v1.0: The first version is quite simple. It just allows to create a one page PDF in
the size of the original image showing the composite image. The encoding and
some PDF description entries can be set.
Future version may generate layered PDFs.
- You have to set the user environment variable ImPDFArguments (v1.1 only)
- the "Defaults" button may cover other dialog controls => resize the dialog a bit
Rick will check if this is a plugin or an application issue.
- 'Final Page Size' may show 'Unknown' => change any dialog setting forth and back
This is because the dialog has no idea about the document size temporary.
- "OK" button is not diabled if the set of settings is not in a good state
Only the application is able to disable the "OK" button.
- "Cancel" just cancels the operation but not any changed setting. I guess this an application issue.
- The preview does not show a preview of the page or the degeneration caused by JPEG encoding.
The application generates the preview using the standard load method of the filetype plugin. But this plugin does not provide load because it is not able to load all variants of PDFs (just the ones the plugin generates). Maybe the application could add an OnSavePreview method in the future.
v1.1: Layout and viewer options
v1.0: PDFs based on image size and resolution
Edited by Martin Osieka, 22 July 2012 - 02:35 PM.