Schnicka's Signature Tutorial (Image Heavy)

Schnicka

Hey guys, I made this signature from a wallpaper that I resized, so I'm going to make it big, then resize it just like I did. It won't be exact, but I'll try :)

Similar to what you are making:

wallpapersig.png

Plug-ins Used:

Pyrochild's Plugin Pack - Found Here

Madjik's Plugin Pack - Found Here

KrisVDM's Plugin Pack - Found Here

Step 1 - Open a new 2250 x 1500 Canvas (I'm not sure why I originally made it that size, but I did)

screenshot1gfb.png

Step 2 - Paint the Canvas Black

Step 3 - With your Primary Color Dark Gray, go to Effects>Artistic>Splatter and "Splatter" Paint Everywhere

screenshot2mc.png

Step 4 - Add a New Layer, then with your Primary Color Black and your Secondary Color Dark Gray, go to Effects>Render>Gradient Bars on these settings:

screenshot3uj.png

Step 5 - Change the layer's blending mode to lighten

screenshot4of.png

Step 6 - Merge Layer Down

Step 7 - Add a New Layer, then with your Primary Color set to White, Run Effects>Render>TreeGen on these settings (Or at least similar ones, play around with it for different designs)

screenshot5vk.png

Step 8 - Duplicate Layer

Step 9 - Use Layers>Rotate/Zoom and Rotate the layer 180 Degrees

screenshot6ol.png

Step 10 - Merge Layer Down

Step 11 - Use Effects>Distort>Twist on these settings:

screenshot7xb.png

Step 12 - Duplicate Layer

Step 13 - Color one of the white things (Trees) Bright Green and the other Bright Blue (Or any color you want, but that's how mine is)

screenshot8d.png

Step 14 - Set the Layer's Blending Mode to Glow

screenshot9l.png

Step 15 - Image>Flatten

Step 16 - Resize to 500 x 160

screenshot10vi.png

Step 17 - Add a New Layer

Step 18 - Add White Text of your preferred font (I used Copperplate Gothic Bold size 22) Saying your Username

Step 19 - Use Effects>Object>Drop Shadow on these settings:

screenshot11h.png

Step 20 - Flatten, and You're Done! :)

tutorialsignature.png

Post your results! :D

Edit: I'm not sure why the pictures are kind of fuzzy, but they're not that fuzzy when you make it, I promise

Edited by Schnicka
  • Upvote 1

captainamericasigs.png
Do Pacifists Sig Battle?
My Gallery

Wouldn't it be better to have your canvas size at something like 2000 x 640 or 1000 x 320 and then resize it down to 500 x 160 afterwards to keep the dimensions proportional to each other?

tumblr_lr1sbohvzl1qbh4zh.png

Blog                     Twitter                     My Gallery

@Gekko

Pretty good, although the dark red kind of blends in with the dark background, try to give it a little more contrast so it "Pops" and attracts the eye. If you really want the dark red, you could either use gradient bars of something lighter, say, white and light grey, or light gray and medium gray. Or, if you like dark red and black, you could maybe add a very small white or brighter red drop shadow to the trees to kind of "separate" them from the background. Not bad for a first try though :D

@Sfifer

Yeah Probably, but that's the way I did it and I was trying to get it as close as possible to what I had (Which, unfortunately, it is quite different). It almost looks better kind of stretched out that way though, because if it was the same proportions it might have more "Empty" space, but I'm not sure. Feel free to experiment. I'm not sure why my signature is much lighter than the one I made for the tutorial, and I like the lighter one better, but, like I said, this tutorial is very much up for experimentation.

Edited by Schnicka

captainamericasigs.png
Do Pacifists Sig Battle?
My Gallery

I was kinda going for the dark approach, but i see what you mean. I noticed that with it at 500 x 160 its hard to see. Is this any better?

post-68185-131353109356_thumb.jpg

Edited by gekkoutora23

@Gekko

Pretty good, although the dark red kind of blends in with the dark background, try to give it a little more contrast so it "Pops" and attracts the eye. If you really want the dark red, you could either use gradient bars of something lighter, say, white and light grey, or light gray and medium gray. Or, if you like dark red and black, you could maybe add a very small white or brighter red drop shadow to the trees to kind of "separate" them from the background. Not bad for a first try though :D

@Sfifer

Yeah Probably, but that's the way I did it and I was trying to get it as close as possible to what I had (Which, unfortunately, it is quite different). It almost looks better kind of stretched out that way though, because if it was the same proportions it might have more "Empty" space, but I'm not sure. Feel free to experiment. I'm not sure why my signature is much lighter than the one I made for the tutorial, and I like the lighter one better, but, like I said, this tutorial is very much up for experimentation.

And i think i know what you did different with you tut and your sig. maybe instead of using a black background use a light gray and dark gray splatter.

That's actually pretty cool, the only thing I might change is to make the font a TINY bit smaller so it doesn't kind of run into the twist, great font selection though

Edited by Schnicka

captainamericasigs.png
Do Pacifists Sig Battle?
My Gallery

Okay, I got bored. This started of purple and ended being the plain colour grey, but I like the way this looks. I dunno...

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

when i did opened splatter it went to a window, did the splatter, clicked ok, took me back to what i was on but the splatter was only in the top left portion of the dimensions. any ideas?

rainbowsig-1.jpg

Jesusboy, splatter opens to the screen size that you have set. Use the scroll bars at the right and bottom in the splatter canvas to splatter the whole image.

Your sig looks good to me.

Gonna have to try this tut myself.

SloppySig.png

ok well did it again..... another problem: got the splatter on the whole page but when i set that layer's blend mode to lighten the bars disappeared?????

rainbowsig-1.jpg

Jesusboy, that I don't know. Sorry.

Was trying this tut myself, but I don't have the treegen plugin.

I doubt that I'll finish this one. Oh well.

SloppySig.png

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...