PJC Discussion

pdnnoob

banner.png

Paint Job Contest Discussion Thread.

Contest #6 ENTRY PERIOD IS OVER. VOTE FOR THE WINNER IN THE COMPETITION THREAD

Competition goal

Give the object(s) in the given image a new paint job. Any object in said image is fair game as long as we can see what you did, so if you really wish to give a tree in the background flame decals, that's up to you!

PJC Rules

See competition thread

Submission Rules

• All entries must be submitted to me in a PM.

• Do no post your entries(s) in this thread!

• Do not post your entries(s) in your gallery or any other gallery until this comp is over!

• I will post your entries(s) in the topic, that is the only time your image should be seen before the voting begins.

• Do not sign your entry or put any kind of identifiable marker or logo in your image that people will link to you.

• You may post your entry on any other website where you are a member

(i.e. Deviant Art, PdN Fans Forum, Facebook or any other forum or website, just not on this website until the comp has concluded.)

• NO PLACEHOLDERS! Do not send an entry until it is a finished product. NO WIPS (works in progress) !

• No images previously submitted will be allowed.

This is NOT the entry thread. If you wish to see the entries, go to the contest thread here

Unfortunately, I'm not Possum, but I still reserve the right to add to the rules as people do things to annoy me. :P

Credits to...

~AirbusA340 for the idea

~PossumRoadkill 'cuz I copied most of his contest rules ^_^

Edited by pdnnoob

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Can we get a different template for the paint job? It's hard to paint on something that already has a livery on it. And that plane was never made FYI.

95UqQ.png

l

Aircraft Liveries l TrueSky Alliance l AviationParadise l Livery Painting Tutorial - Currently Constructing l

l

How To Create "Aireo" Text Tutorial l Favorite Plane : Boeing 777 l Location : Vancouver, BC, Canada l

Can we get a different template for the paint job? It's hard to paint on something that already has a livery on it. And that plane was never made FYI.

Image changed.

EDIT: sorry, I forgot to mention I moved your post to the discussion thread

Edited by pdnnoob

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Um, I think painting and aircraft's wings would add so much weight that the efficiency level would decrease. And it's impossible to paint a wing in the first place, as it will effect aerodynamic properties of the wing.

95UqQ.png

l

Aircraft Liveries l TrueSky Alliance l AviationParadise l Livery Painting Tutorial - Currently Constructing l

l

How To Create "Aireo" Text Tutorial l Favorite Plane : Boeing 777 l Location : Vancouver, BC, Canada l

@Airbus Please keep the discussion about the competition in the competition discussion thread. Thanks! ^^

EDIT: The competition, by the way, is not about giving things existing paint designs. On top of that, this is more of a forum for artists that it is one for engineers. That said, I think it is perfectly legal for us to paint the wings on our imaginary planes. Besides, that isn't a real plane in the picture...it's a 3D render. (That is an interesting point you bring up, however. I honestly didn't know the weight of paint could be so significant ;) )

Edited by pdnnoob

Deadline extended to 3:00 pm Sunday (07-21-2011). Keep the entries coming!

Many planes have painted wings in real life but every plane in video games are painted all over and some give you a choice of skins. In real life they use special paint that is lightweight and has other properties special to this kind of paint,if you want to get technical,lol,just sayin.

Anyway I think this is a real cool competition. I have been working on doing just this very thing for awhile now and haven't gotten too bad at it. I kind of wish we could enter more than one,lol,I have a couple good ones.

Edited by skullbonz

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

Many planes have painted wings in real life but every plane in video games are painted all over and some give you a choice of skins. In real life they use special paint that is lightweight and has other properties special to this kind of paint,if you want to get technical,lol,just sayin.

Anyway I think this is a real cool competition. I have been working on doing just this very thing for awhile now and haven't gotten too bad at it. I kind of wish we could enter more than one,lol,I have a couple good ones.

Your not allowed to paint on wings, as it affects the aerodynamic properties of the wings. The Paint Used is actually called Epoxy, and it is far from light. Far From It.

95UqQ.png

l

l

example-1.jpg

Real planes.....in flight......with painted wings.....certainly not candy coated........just sayin'........ It's an art contest. Have some fun every once in a while. Let your imagination take flight. ;) Apparently, these guys did :DB)

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

• 2 weeks later...

New contest is up! Start sending in your entries!

@Airbus The next chance I get, I will make sure you get your 777 ^_^

example-1.jpg

Real planes.....in flight......with painted wings.....certainly not candy coated........just sayin'........ It's an art contest. Have some fun every once in a while. Let your imagination take flight. ;) Apparently, these guys did :DB)

Well, that is a ultra-light prop plane. The plane in Contest 1 was a modified Military 737. 737, as you may as well know, is a big Jetliner. I would encourage you to look up pictures of ALL large commercial air transports on Google and see if anyone has painted a plane's wings.

95UqQ.png

l

l

Honestly, this discussion about paint on wings is getting out of hand and is now quite irrelevant since the first contest is already over and we are drawing on cats now. No need to get worked up...

Honestly, this discussion about paint on wings is getting out of hand and is now quite irrelevant since the first contest is already over and we are drawing on cats now. No need to get worked up...

I would never paint a cat. Maybe a light coat of varnish......

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

Actually, I was thinking of entering one where the cats actually were skinned, but that woulda been pretty gory :lol:

I loved the plane competition but i think I will pass on the cat one,lol. I thought about it but I hate cats so much that I think I better not do this one so I don't get in trouble,lol. Anxiously waiting for the next one. ;)

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the extremely long wait. School has started, so I'm not as available as I was (on top of that, I'm writing a few tutorials too...). This will probably be the last PJC comp until Thanksgiving break when I get a week off.

• 3 months later...

Actually...I'm not really sure o.0 I didn't think of that one, unfortunately. Should I go through and cite the places I got them from?

• 3 weeks later...

By the way, I am working on the current PJC. I had forgotten about it... If you could extend it by three days so I could work on it over the weekend, I would deeply appreciate it. I just have the urge to add more detail to it...

The hardest part of ending is starting again. 

Like this?

And I think stuff like this goes in discussions, we'll let a higher power decide that though :P

Absolutely correct...I'll move that for you ;)

By the way, I am working on the current PJC. I had forgotten about it... If you could extend it by three days so I could work on it over the weekend, I would deeply appreciate it. I just have the urge to add more detail to it...
Will do! New deadline: 23 January 2012

Absolutely correct...I'll move that for you ;)

Will do! New deadline: 23 January 2012

Thank you so much!!! :D

I can't wait to finish it.

The hardest part of ending is starting again.