Minners71 and now for something completly different......pg6

minners71

It's smashing! :scanner: The colors work really well with the theme. I also like the effect going behind in the background--the ripply effect. You didn't go crazy with the font, either, which was a good choice. Did you show him this yet?

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

You've lost nothing in your absence - very nice work! Totally agree with Helen. Great image. Hope your friend liked it - they should, I would love it.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Thanks Helen and Barbie, He says he likes it ( twice now ) but still not using it :(

Also made this one for a gaming friend, considering how long I have been away from PDN these 2 I feel are my best sigs ever.

(can't decide which version I like best though )

tarax4.png

tarax3.png

Also made this ( not completely happy with it though ) used what I got from the pop out of pic tutorial and an image one of the staff made with it.

carthroughglass.png

Maybe I should spend more time away from here ;)

It is hard to decide which of the two since they both have aspects that are just different & awesome.

Please don't stay away ;(

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

• 3 weeks later...

I think I will start posting new works on the last page as its too time consuming to keep updating my gallery.

2 new photo manips ( inspired by jims work which is more creative but I am trying ;) )

I call them "FIGHTING PICTURES"

boxing2.png

waterfight.png

Same here :( now its pretty easy and the results are nearly always pleasing. Although I wish I had kept the womans head in the picture.

Edited by minners71

Thanks Barbieq.

A new sig for a fellow forum user at gunslingers he wanted the head of some rat guy from teenage mutant turtles on the body of Mel Gibsons character from the film The Patriot. Couldn't find a good enough pic so went with Captain America instead.

First try.

wiprhatpatriot.png

Then decided it needed something on the right hand side.

wiprhatpatriot2.png

Then wondered about black and white with a little colour.

wiprhatpatriot3.png

Not sure which one I like best :s

Edited by minners71

Cheers barbie, I changed it yet again as he informed me he was a fan of the New England Patriots so I put their logo where the stars were. I personally thought it ruined the sig but hey it was his decision. :(

Cheers welshblue, I still feel like I am inside the box looking out at jim ;) he defiantly has some amazing ideas. I also want to try some larger works but dont seem able to find any inspiration : (

My first ever spacescape ( please be gentle )

th_space.png

http://i1010.photobucket.com/albums/af227/minners71/space/space.png

I quite like the middle section of the image but feel that the planet with the ring looks to out of place maybe it needed to be darker ? Its also my largest work to date :) nearly froze my PC a few times ( need a new one mine just cannot cope with large images and multiple layers ) :(

Skeleton looks fabulous! Great concept! Well done.

The spacescape with those colours looks quite abstract but I do love the colours & the shapes/textures. Good onya for trying with a bigger image. I remember my poor pc crashed so many times. You can always do elements separately to save on memory. The placement of the elements is great too giving the impression of the vastness of the universe & perspective. Well done!

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Cheers barbie, I think I am going to have to look into getting a new PC if I were to post my specs here you would probably faint. Sometimes just changing between layers can take upwards of 15 seconds and I lose count of how many times I see ' Paint.net is not responding ' LOL and as for gaussian blur once I start that plug in I walk round and put the kettle on ;)

If anyone reading this has any knowledge of a budget priced PC that would be good please let me know. I would also like to use it for converting video files quickly as well. Gaming is not an issue for me but price is, need to replace my mountain bike this year and the one I am looking at is $3,400's

Minners, the only critique I can give about your spacescape is to maybe have a smoother texture in the background because it seems a little rough. I think that it will make the planets stand out a little more from the background.

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

@Helen I agree looking at it now I wish I hadn't posted it, still its all a learning process. :)

My 2 newest ones both have elements I like and both have bits I hate but thought I would post them anyway.

All 100% PDN

SPACE 1

SPACE 2

Fighting pictures are fantastic, I like them both, they are really greatly done, and the skeleton manip is nice aswell, you are so good at this style and have some good ideas, I enjoyed them as Jim's too, thanks for sharing them.

The space image is not bad as first attempt, don't worry, I am sure after few more attempts you will impress us, I know your skills, you just need to make some visit to space sites to get some inspiration.

Last two are much much better, the planets in first one are nice, and the nebula in the second one is nice too but with less stars will make it much nicer in my opinion.

@yellowman, Thanks for the comments. My monitor at home is a bit dark and the buttons stick so its very hard to change the settings, I am at work now and just viewed them here and I agree way too many stars.

...I agree way too many stars.

Don't feel bad, you're not alone. I have a widescreen TV that my computer is hooked up to, and despite my sitting about 9 feet away, I have the same problem creating stars (but then again, I do need to make an appointment for June to have my eyes re-examined - lol).

• 2 months later...

Hi Minners .......... I just looked at your photo edits ...... how clever they are. Great job &, of course, I adore the cats in particular :smile:

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.