mincol71.png

TV SIGS

Hidden Content:

breakingbad.png

dex1.png

apollo.png

starbuck.png

starapolloadama.png

My first 2 images ever made in PDN, not much to look at but we all started somewhere. They were created with the basic PDN and no plug ins.

Hidden Content:
SIG.jpgSIG2.jpg

Sigs I have made for other people.

Hidden Content:
keepball2.pngalphadone.pngjd-1.pngkeshasotw.pngkesha1.pngskullsignewforum.pngnewfoxy2.pngKeep_Clear_smile-1.pngnewk3.pnggas7.pngnewzim2.pngcrouch2.pngkz3_ne_2011-04-05_bring-the-rain_ms.pngtoxwat.pngcrouch2-1.png

Sigs I have made for myself.

Hidden Content:
mincoloured.pngoutofphoto.pngminpaper2.pngmask.pnginf4.pngradB9CA0.pngminfamous.pngUntitled-25.pngmin71bullet-1.pngminnew3.pngfloydsignew.pngminshiny.pngminrip-1.pngresistance3red.pngdeusexoutofpic.pngres3chihero.pngminnersnew1.pngsony2.pngblackandwhite.pngminspacey.png

Tutorial pieces

Hidden Content:
pencar.pngmultioutofpicsmaller.pngfishoutofpic-1.pngeye.pngkillzone-2-cover-cropped.pngdolphin.pngmanga.png

Shiny things.

Hidden Content:
jewelry-1.pngminava.pngchains.pnggem4.pnggem3.pngjewel7.pngweirdthing.pngUntitled.png

Website banners and logos

Hidden Content:
logo1.pnglogo2.pnglogo4.pngprop-1.pngUntitled-24.pngUntitled-17.png

Edited by minners71

I think you have done a great job with these. I like how you've experimented with different styles. Well done. I'd like to see some larger works from you too. Just think of them as sigs but bigger :lol:

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Thanks for the kind words but I feel I am still learning, need to get the hand of blending layers and using alphamasking before tackling larger projects. :)

Thanks Helen, found out how to do that by accident ( pics inside words ) but have since learnt to use an alpha mask makes it really simple. boltbait.smile.png

P.s I like your glossy balls LOL

Edited by minners71

You've really improved since you started, keep at it and you'll be a pro in not time!

Damn and there I was thinking I already was...............................................................jk ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I like that last one. Very effective

Nice job all round tho'

Thanks Welshblue , sorry for not responding to your mesage on my gallery, I honestly didnt see it and as its been on 8 replies since forever I haven't gone back through them.

• 2 months later...

on the work from Barbqs jewel-- the one with the green jade center--that background looks like some material used quite a bit in the 80s .. how did you acheive that?

spacesig.png

SARCASM- Just one of the many services I offer free to the public.

on the work from Barbqs jewel-- the one with the green jade center--that background looks like some material used quite a bit in the 80s .. how did you acheive that?

Who knows I cant remember this is my best guess though.

new canvas fill black

Make horizontal lines 10px from one side to the other you can use 1 colour or a mixture for that one I think I made 6 blue ones on the top 1/3 the middle had red ones and the bottom 1/3 had blue ones.

th_blueredlines.png

Then run dents on it with these settings scale 46 refraction 87 roughness 40, these are just guides though. You should end up with something like this.

th_dents.png

Then use tile reflection and set tile size to 4 then repeat but this time tile size 120

Now go to conditional hue and saturation and mess about with it, if you put the saturation slider all the way to the left it makes it look more metallic also if you set hue action to fade either horizontal or vertical it blends it better. I haven't been able to replicate it perfectly myself but can get close.

This might work better put the lines on sep layers so the 6 blue ones on top layer under that the 6 red ones on another layer then the bottom layer the blue again. Run dents on each layer at settings above.

On the top layer use a linear gradient with transparency from top to bottom

On the middle layer use radial transparency from the middle of lines up or down.

Bottom layer use linear transparency from bottom to top then merge the 3 layers together

make a new layer and on this make some random filled circles white about 50px and run dents on them then merge them on to the coloured dents layer. Then run tile reflection as above then go to curves and mess about.

Edited by minners71

I looked through your work again because I haven't seen all the pieces and I was pleasantly surprised. Your work is very polished, it's variated and so much fun to look through. And yes, your current sig is simple and nicely laid out. Keep up the great work!

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Thanks for the praise Helen boltbait.smile.png You should know all about variety and polish as it is everywhere in your gallery. I particularly like your glossy thermometers and your cute spider thingy and everything else ;)

Edited by minners71

Great work. I liked your sig, so I had decided to look for your gallery. Your far better than I'll ever be...

Will you teach me?

Pwease?

Seriously, these are great.

The hardest part of ending is starting again. 

Thanks AGJM but I think you jest I have been through your gallery you don't need help. :)Love your album covers are they for a real band or just mock ups?

Thanks AGJM but I think you jest I have been through your gallery you don't need help. :)Love your album covers are they for a real band or just mock ups?

Real band, but the band actually sucks. And we haven't met for practice in a few months. So more of a mock up, really.

The hardest part of ending is starting again. 

• 1 month later...

I watched the first series ... but seemed to have missed the second one :/

I'll have to look out for it on DVD

I've tried reading the books but couldn't get into them. Strange because it's usually the other way round :/

Its the other way round for me :) Not a big fan of reading not sure why, used to enjoy it as a kid but find it hard to keep interested now. Although the TV show A Game Of Thrones has made me think about picking up the books to read, so there may be help for me yet (shame they are so big!)