Missing Visual C++ redistributable

I work for a company that has a program that migrates apps from one OS to another. When I migrate Paint.Net from XP to Win7 I get a Repair dialog when I start Paint that says there are missing MS Visual C++ redistributable files. I have installed the 2005, 2005 sp1, 2008 and 2008 sp1 redists and I still get the error. What other redistributable is required by Paint. Net?

NOTE: If I run the repair function it does fix the problem. That would be fine, but the objective of this app is to completely move all files and settings required by any app.

Thanks,

Cro

I work for a company that has a program that migrates apps from one OS to another. When I migrate Paint.Net from XP to Win7 I get a Repair dialog when I start Paint that says there are missing MS Visual C++ redistributable files. I have installed the 2005, 2005 sp1, 2008 and 2008 sp1 redists and I still get the error. What other redistributable is required by Paint. Net?

NOTE: If I run the repair function it does fix the problem. That would be fine, but the objective of this app is to completely move all files and settings required by any app.

Thanks,

Cro

In the event viewer I see that it is looking for Microsoft.VC90.OpenMP,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="9.0.30729.4148. When I search the winsxs folder no folder with 9.0.30729.4148 in the name exists. After I run teh Repair their are several. I have looked, but I can't find a seperate Redist installer that contains this version.

Thanks,

Cro

That runtime is part of a security update for the latest Visual Studio 2008 (I think it's SP1).

The solution is running the repair program, or (somehow) finding that redist on the Microsoft download center. There may already be a download link buried somewhere on the forum. Try searching?

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

That runtime is part of a security update for the latest Visual Studio 2008 (I think it's SP1).

The solution is running the repair program, or (somehow) finding that redist on the Microsoft download center. There may already be a download link buried somewhere on the forum. Try searching?

We have the 2008 and 2008 sp1 redist installations, but for some reason they don't contain the OpenMP with that version. I've downloaded what appears to be the latest from MS via a link in this forum, but that doesn't install it either.

We can have our customers just run the repair function, but of course that isn't as elegant as it just working. Their are issues with all side by side installs and migrating an app. We can't copy those files to the new computer. You have to have TrustedInstaller rights, but even with those rights the format for the filenames and the registry entries is different enough between XP and Win7 that the mapping would be laborious not to mention precarious. Our solution is to detect what SxS components required by an app we're moving and then installing the redists for those that are needed on the new computer. Hopefully I can find a redist with that version.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Cro

I was able to find it after some bit of hunting and pecking off of the link you sent me. here is teh link http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=2051A0C1-C9B5-4B0A-A8F5-770A549FD78C to the redist downlaod that contains the correct version, 9.0.30729.4148, for Paint.

Why they haven't bundled these into one updated redist is beyond me. In addition MS makes it very hard to find the bits and pieces of redists on the download center.

Thanks for your help.

Cro

• 1 year later...