Vintage effect pack for Curves+

ssaamm

I have put together a collection of vintage-style effects based on actual vintage photographs, for use in making new stuff look older.

You can get Curves+ here

curvesvintage.png

Download: >>Click Here<<

The photo I used was taken with a digital camera, and not modified aside from the vintage effect.

Edited by Ego Eram Reputo
Added Dropbox link to zipped effects

I like this idea! Thank you ssaamm.

Note: A help file in the zip would have been helpful to newbies ;), so here's what you do with the download:

1. Download it - of course!

2. Unzip it

3. Copy or move the 6 XML files to the location C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents\Paint.NET User Files\Effect Presets\Curves+

4. Now when you open Curves+ there will be the 'Vintage' collection added to the list of presets (top dropdown list in the dialog).

yhsjjie-2.png

Thanks guys! Ironically, this could be done in curves if it had presets.

I'd like to see any results of this and get feedback so I could attempt to make another set of curves for something else.

Edited by ssaamm

Very nice, though I don't think the Tutorials forum is the right place for this. But I can't think of where it should go, maybe because I'm ridiculously tired. So I'll just leave it here until I or someone else thinks of a better idea.

Also adding a link to this in the Curves+ thread.

Ironically, this could be done in curves if it had presets.

Unironically, anything Curves+ can do could be done in Curves if it had whatever. That's the point of Curves+ :P

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Unironically, anything Curves+ can do could be done in Curves if it had whatever. That's the point of Curves+ :P

I realize this now...Ahh whatever

The internet seems to generally like debating about irony, but that's kind of a no-brainer now that I think about it.

Hello, :)

I'm brand-spanking new to this sort of photo manipulation (or any sort of photo manipulation), but I thought I'd have a go at a PDN version of the PS lomography tutorial, here.

I know the colours aren't right, but I'm still frightened of the curves.

History

Vignette

Curves+ (can't remember which vintage effect I used) -- then added some more green

Combined Adjustments

Local Contrast Enhancement (high amount)

Sharpen (oh so sharp)

Mine is on the left; Original in the middle; The DPS version on the right.

post-83573-130696771828_thumb.jpg

Hi PaulH, welcome to the forum!

That's a nice effect you're created there. I like it a lot - it's almost 'hyper-real' (which is the way I tend to describe it to myself). Great job!

• 6 years later...

The download link is wrong.  It says it's a zip file but when you go to download it, the link takes you to a different page. 

Edited by mackenzieh

5 minutes ago, Maximilian said:

Very welcome! :)?

It's been a while since I had PDN and I have forgotten where the files for Vintage Effects go. Do I create a folder for them?

Go to Documents\paint.net User Files\Effect Presets\Curves+ (here's where you have to place the files).

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Maximilian said:

Go to Documents\paint.net User Files\Effect Presets\Curves+ (here's where you have to place the files).

Thank you. :)

5 hours ago, Maximilian said:

The download link appears broken to me as well, so here's my backup of the vintage settings: Curves+ Vintage Effects.zip  (hope it helps)

Thanks Max! I've added the file to the first post.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2018 at 5:08 AM, Ego Eram Reputo said:

Thanks Max! I've added the file to the first post.

Well done! ??

2 hours ago, Seerose said:

<3 My dear friend @Maximilian! Thank you very much for your effort. :cake: :coffee:

Always glad to help whenever I can! <3 ??

• Like 1