Skullbonz Art Gallery - May, 5th- Train Set and more

skullbonz

I just added a picture on 4/24/11 that I made after reading "cjmcguinness" tutorial on making a poker set. When I discovered Paint.net 4 months ago I looked thru the galleries to see what was possible to make with this program. When I saw cjmcguinness's and Barbieq25's galleries I was amazed and it got me excited. I have been working my way thru tutorials since the beginning and thanks to our economy being in a slump I had lots of time to learn. After going thru the simpler ones until I gained confidence I tried Barbieq25's jewel tutorial and was shocked at what I came up with. Recently I felt I had learned enough to try cjmcguinness's poker set tutorial. I read it thru and recognized his techniques from my experiments. After reading it I opened Paint.net and started creating only this time I never had to go back and read the tutorial again. After a few ideas of my own added in,,and many layers, this new picture added today is what I came up with. I threw in a pair of dice because everyone was asking about them in his tutorial,lol,simplest thing to make using the Shape 3D plugin. Now the reflection of the dice was a different story,lol.

I went back and finished the blue table I was working on and added that one also,with no gambling,lol,lol,Paint.net is enough of an addiction,lol. ;)

Edited by skullbonz

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

Both the tables are really great! What a fantastic job you did with the glass effects. I also love the matchbox & the dice. You have learnt so much in such a short time.

C & C: The tables probably should have a slightly darker part where the table stem is, on both images? Maybe?

The glass reflection looks out of whack with the rest of the reflections. I struggle with this all the time so I could be wrong.

In any case, these are just so good & I like the concept too. Well done!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Thank you Barbie,I thought the stem needed to be darker too but it proved very difficult after the fact. I should have started with a darker color when I made the stem part. As for the reflection of the glass,I tried to make it look like the reflection was at a different angle,lol,I should have stuck to making it straight up and down like in the poker pic. I don't like that reflection also. It is all a learning process and I love it. I welcome all the comments and use them to help better myself in future creations. It was my first attempt at making a glass with liquid in it,next time I know what not to do,lol. I think I'll try red next time,lol,or maybe orange,hhmmm,so many possibilities.

Yes, because the stem would have a shadow from the table cast on it & it would also be affected by the table colour.

I followed many tutes that said to flatten the image afterwards. However, I never do & learnt that the hard way. All of my images are saved (.PDN) with as many layers intact as possible on my disabled veteran of a laptop :lol: Then I save it again as a .PNG (lossless & superior quality IMHO) & reduce the size because I start with a 3200 x 2400 or similar. Always 400% bigger than what I want the final to be. I save often because with a lot of layers etc my pc tends to crash.

The beauty of having elements on their own layer is that you can change it without affecting the rest of the image & you can reuse it for a new image. Now that would have saved a lot of time for poor old Van Gogh with his sunflowers :lol:

Sometimes knowing what not to do is better... :P

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Thank you everyone,the picture with the blue table was bothering me too much so like Barbie says "Save",I did and was able to go back and fix it. This time around I added the cigar wrapper,lol. Now I'm happy with it,lol.

I kind of thought the tables were sloped a bit too much,that would make the leg look off. Another thing I was thinking about was adding a bit of distortion to the part of the leg visible thru the table,like you would get thru real glass. I'm still new and in time will be able to think of everything,lol.

I kind of thought the tables were sloped a bit too much,that would make the leg look off. Another thing I was thinking about was adding a bit of distortion to the part of the leg visible thru the table,like you would get thru real glass. I'm still new and in time will be able to think of everything,lol.

So true...we are much better at forgetting sometimes :lol: Sometimes we get so hung up on one part that we forget other elements in an image. All part of being human :D

You have done very well in such a short time & also attested by Welshy & Dug.

Edited by barbieq25
THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Thank you everyone,your comments tell me I'm on the right track to get as good as you all. You all have awesome pictures and if I am even half as good as you some day I would be happy,lol. I am having so much fun with this and recently after going thru the whole plugin section I discovered that I missed a few. I did not have the trail 3d plugin and the first time I used it I had a ball playing with it. It gave me an effect I was looking for. The people that make these plugins should be given a great big Thank You from all of us and a Job well Done. Now while I'm still learning Paint.net I just added another tough one to learn that will compliment my future space pictures. I love space pics in case you didn't know,lol. I forget who's gallery it was in but the name of the program is sculptris,s 3d sculpting program that you can make real cool critters,people or my favorite---> aliens. It's going to take me awhile to catch on to it but it shouldn't be to bad,its like modeling clay,but then again the last time I modeled clay was when I was a kid with Playdo,lol. Can't wait to put my first alien into a pdn picture. I am bad at landscape,this might help there also.

OK enough of my blabbering,I just added 3 more jewels, one I made in honor for my mom,she passed away 4/7/11 and after I made this I found out her favorite color was blue. :)

The next bunch were experiments with trail 3d and others. All added 4/30/11.

Edited by skullbonz

I am sorry to hear of your Mum's passing.

The jewels are fabulous! Each one has a unique feature. The first one looks like an eye & reminds me of a memory or someone watching over me. The second one I love the best. It has a fabulous texture to the surround & great colours. The concept is great. The Third one has a really good looking surround & I love the colour. Well done on all three!

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

I am getting old,lol,it was possum that told us about Sculptris,lol,thanks m8,but now I'm getting no sleep,lol. I just posted my first try at the sculptris with an alien and some landscape that I brought into PDN and finished off. Like the alien is saying, "I don't know how I got here",lol,lol,going to take awhile to get used to this. I feel like I just added another course to my home education,lol,plenty of homework,lol. Thank you so much Possum.

Thanks Barbie,my mom's in a better place now and not hurting anymore. And don't worry,I will still be doing my regular PDN pics,lol. I won't let sculptris kidnap me,lol.

Edited by skullbonz

I am getting old,lol,it was possum that told us about Sculptris,lol,thanks m8,but now I'm getting no sleep,lol. I just posted my first try at the sculptris with an alien and some landscape that I brought into PDN and finished off. Like the alien is saying, "I don't know how I got here",lol,lol,going to take awhile to get used to this. I feel like I just added another course to my home education,lol,plenty of homework,lol. Thank you so much Possum.

Thanks Barbie,my mom's in a better place now and not hurting anymore. And don't worry,I will still be doing my regular PDN pics,lol. I won't let sculptris kidnap me,lol.

I'm so sorry to hear about you losing your mom. I'm sure she would have been honored by your jewels, they are so beautiful. Your artwork has come so far so quick. You really have the talent and I'm sure she is proud of you. Just remember you have friends here if you ever need someone to talk to.

I love your first Sculptris piece! It's great ! The look on his face is brilliant. The landscape background is also really great. You are off to such a great start! I'm really excited to see what you come up with next. This is so cool to have someone else working in Sculptris too.

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

After doing a few pics using the "cjmcguinness" tutorial for the "Poker Set",I went a bit further and made a bar,lol. Although there is nothing to do with poker in it I got my starting ideas from that tutorial. I used a picture from my camera for the view out the window and pictures of wood I took from around my house. Everything was made in PDN and this picture had the most layers that I have worked with yet. Man I love this program,Thank you fine people for making this available to us so we can edit like the proffessional's and learn from the tutorials and suggestions in the forums. Check out my new pic added today, 5/5/11.

I love what you did with the bar! The table is just fabulous & glassy. There are so many elements in this image that must have taken ages to do. Like the glass & the label on the beer bottle, the shelves, the wooden panelling - all really fantastic. What a great job you did!

I also like the alien planet one. As soon as I get my new pc (hopefully next week) I'll have a play too. You are such an inspiration!

This one is good too: http://i366.photobucket.com/albums/oo103/TEA_BONZ/paint%20dot%20net%20edits/90.jpg

This one is really great: http://i366.photobucket.com/albums/oo103/TEA_BONZ/paint%20dot%20net%20edits/56.jpg

This one is trippy: http://i366.photobucket.com/albums/oo103/TEA_BONZ/paint%20dot%20net%20edits/56.jpg & if you don't look at it in full view you're missing something. Great concept!

And this one: http://i366.photobucket.com/albums/oo103/TEA_BONZ/paint%20dot%20net%20edits/57-a.jpg is really pretty. I love the colour & the flower shape in the box.

I love your art!

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Thank you very much Barbie, it was you that inspired me with that jewel tutorial using the different plugins and experimenting along the way,lol. That was my first hard tutorial and I was freaked out at the results which got me pumped up to learn more. I look at pictures and scenery a whole different way now,lol, and I carry my camera everywhere,lol. I have a pretty good texture collection so far and I'm still building it up,lol. I can't wait until you get your new pc,you will love how fast it can do things. The longest I have waited was a minute or two,lol. Windows 7 works the best. Thank you again Barbie.

I have a friend that is in a Band so of course I couldn't resist bringing them into Paint.Net and making him some pictures to use,lol. I wanted to show you all what I came up with for him, just playing around. His band's name is "Alabama Lo-Fi",added 5/9/11.

Thank you chrisco. ;)

Wow. You have so many different styles to your work. I haven't commented on the table with chairs one, which is amazing (!) and the posters for the band are clever! You're really, really great at this!

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA