Skullbonz Art Gallery - May, 5th- Train Set and more

skullbonz

Well - it was worth the silence ............ what beautiful renditions: the doodles and the space images are incredible.  Well done - you are doing great things and a hearty congratulations for the nomination to the Galleria :bmw: .

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Helen,Barbie and Pixey. With so much going on this summer it's cutting into my art time so I don't get in here much,lol.

I just posted a work in progress of a wagon in a field. I used Red Ochre's furblur and cobweb plugins for the grass and hay,been experimenting  with them on the bars and gradient bars to make it.  ;)

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

Thanks Julio   :)

I just removed the earlier wagon pic and replaced it with the finished one. All made with just PDN.   

(Link to gallery under sig)

Some very nice new work since I last was here Skullbonz. The wagon is really nice and detailed with great depth to it. Far off Worlds is just stunning as is all your latest additions. Thank you for sharing your talent :)

ZXCBOoZ.png

skullbonz!  finished wagon picture; I really appreciate this and all your hard work. Thanks so much. Greetings from Germany. dduchxux.gif

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Thank you nitenurse, seerose and Julio.

Yes Julio, the wagon picture was totally made in PDN and you too will be able to make pictures like this with a little patience and experimentation. This image took several nights to make and had 48 layers before merging. It helps to have a decent computer and lots of ram when making images with this many layers. Take the time to learn the plugins but don't just stick to it's intended purpose,experiment with them to see what else can be done. You will never believe how I made the hay in the wagon which was simply an experiment to see if I could do it. I set my primary color to a light yellow and the secondary color to a darker yellow. Then on a new layer I used the "Random Shape Fill" plugin,set at about; amount= 500, size=20 to 30, fill color= primary, outline color=secondary and all opacities at 255. Then use the eraser tool to erase until it looks like a pile of shapes until it is in the shape of the pile you desire. Now just experiment with the Fur Blur  and Cobweb plugins. It will have many holes so duplicate layers and move them around until you get the look you want.  The grass was done using almost the same method but I used the Bars plugin with the colors set at light green and dark green, then used FurBlur and some Cobweb. Either Duplicate the layer and move the rear ones around or make a whole new layer and change the FurBlur or Cobweb settings a bit and then move them around to get the look you want. Sounds simple,right?  Experiment and don't get frustrated with the first few,just try again and have patience. These are just two ways I use make some sort of grass using just a couple plugins. Other plugins like Wobble or Dents can also be used to give it a windy or irregular look,play around and see what you can do.   ;)

Sorry if I confused anyone,I'm not that good at writing or explaining what I do, I'm more of a hands on person and could show you how if you were sitting next to me.  :)

Edited by skullbonz

Skully! What can I say?! What a great job you've done. The detail in all of the elements is amazing. I love the grass. It reminds me of freshly shown oats in the wintertime. I sure would like a wagon like that in my yard. Those wood textures are so pretty! Good work on the chain too. Man, what a mammoth effort!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Thank you Helen, Yellowman, Barbie and Red it started out as just the wheel and I was trying to get the grain of the wood to go in a circular direction using the Polar Inversion Plus plugin and the rest just kept coming,lol.  I also wanted to make every part using just pdn. Every time I make one of these types of pictures I think I am finished until I look back at it and think of other things I should have done. For instance I should have given the chain a little rust and added some dirt smudges on the wagon. Details that get overlooked,lol. The mountains and dirt were made using the rock background tute and on the big mountain I used the 3D object plugin at default settings and the move pixels tool along with duplicating the layer and using Blending modes. Every part was made using tricks and techniques I have learned over the years. Almost anything is possible with PDN and all the great plugins.   :)

Oh ya Red I am having fun with your plugins,thanks.  ;)

Latest four look great - well done! ;)

off topic (slightly):
Pdn wasn't around when Escher was alive and besides plotting his images out by hand he then engraved them into end grain box wood for printing! - a peerless draughtsman with a deep understanding of mathematics. Well worth exploring his ideas. B)

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

mdevjtju.gif    Great new experiments. Thank you to share with us. mdevjtju.gif

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Thank you Helen and Goonfella, I couldn't think of anything better at the time.  :)

I also just slipped in one I call Castle in the clouds that I didn't think came out that great but people at facebook love it so I thought maybe you people might like it too.   ;)

I like Castle in the Clouds hugely but the gallery header just takes the cake. Awesome but the fading on the edges distracts a bit. I could see this header as a poster. The Escherish ones are way cool. You have come such a long way & it is always a pleasure to see your new works. 

Did I mention before that I really love your new sig? Great perspective & colours. Like a fire opal & the font style is just perfect too.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012