Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BradR

Putting One Picture On Top of Another.

10 posts in this topic

I know this is the simplest question imaginable but I can't make it work. In the older versions I used to just import an image and then import another image and it would place it on top of the first image. Done. Now it places the new image in a box in the upper right hand corner and for the life of me I can't figure out how to put the two images together. Please help a stupid person.

I'm not sure what you mean - but is this it? When you open an image and its in the box in the top right corner, then open another image and its in a different box in top right corner?

I'm not sure what you mean - but is this it? When you open an image and its in the box in the top right corner, then open another image and its in a different box in top right corner?

Yes, that's what I mean. Now how do I put the two images together?

I used to just import an image and then import another image and it would place it on top of the first image.

In the menu:

Layers > Import From File ...

Edited by Sarkut

In the menu:

Layers > Import From File ...

I've done that but how do import a file so that it ends up inside the first image?

Layers > Import From File will bring another file into an existing open file.

If you mean something other than that, additional explanation is needed.

Or open the image, then open the other one you want. Then copy the second one, and place it into a new layer over the first image. But the second layer was to be set to overlay - or a setting which displays both of the pictures at once.

Thanks for the help. There are some settings that weren't there before. Once I set those it worked.

That's a CSS solution. The original poster wanted to graphically merge two images.

Oh, and the last post was four and a half years ago. I reckon they have found a solution by now. That's why we have Forum Rule #11.

<closed>