Paint.Net Portable?

eagle00789

I was wondering if i can create a portable version of Paint.net. this version will be standalone portable and PortableApps version in one go.

I have the package ready, but i just need official permission.

Is there a portable version of Paint.NET?

Not officially, no. Paint.NET is not designed to be, nor tested as, a portable application. However, LiberKey has permission to distribute a portable version of Paint.NET. If you use their portable version, please direct all troubleshooting questions to them. (This is by no means some kind of special exclusive contract or promotional deal, nor is it an endorsement. They're just the first that asked.)

As you can see, it bothers, because that version is ONLY for LiberKey and not for PortableApps. PortableApps has the advantage, that you don't need the loader software to be able to work with the portable program.

Sure, I don't see why not ... just make sure to test both 32-bit and 64-bit versions.

PortableApps has the advantage...

I don't really have an opinion either way, honestly.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

• 1 month later...

I looked at LiberKey and tried to download their portable PdN.

I can't download it using a regular webbrowser.

(download-link: lbk://app.update.liberkey/paint-net.en)

It has to be downloaded (and executed) from within their LiberKey environment, which is a barrier to me.

PortableApps also offer a convenient USB-key start-menu shell environment-thing, but you do not have to use this.

A Paint.Net Portable à la PortableApps, could be installed on any USB-key and executed independent from the PortableApps shell (as long as .Net is available on the host computer).

That's an advantage.

Eagle00789, where would we be able to download your latest "paintdotnet_3.5.8_portable.paf.exe"?

Stephan

• 2 months later...

ditto on that question! thanks Eagle00789! ------->

Eagle00789, where would we be able to download your latest "paintdotnet_3.5.8_portable.paf.exe"?

Stephan

just fighting the onslaught of obsolescence

back-of-girl-Don__t_Tread_on_Me_by_Nyiana_Sama.jpg