Captain America Signature Tutorial (Render Sig)

chrisco97

No problem =) I've been on my soapbox all day for one reason or another and I'm very quick to defend people who have been wronged. If I need to lay off, just say it. lol

Still, there was no reason for frandaman to act like that. I suspect he was a troll, but I couldn't help it. I can't stand it when people attack others and don't have legit reasons to back them up.

I'm just going to leave it at that. I'm not afraid to call people out, but I don't want to start a flame war or anything. We need new users to feel welcomed and feel that they are in a community where they can learn and enhance their PDN skills. Not somewhere where they are afraid to ask questions for fear of being ridiculed. =)

brokecarsig.jpg

2nd post ever & frandaman is complaining about abbreviations?

Dude! These are keyboard shortcuts. I couldn't imagine working without them. One hand on the mouse & the other on the keyboard. What is so hard about that?

I think the tute is really good. I'm not into making sigs but the outcomes so far have been great & shows that it is a great tute.

Tarat is so right. Ask for help if you don't understand something because Chrisco is a very friendly & helpful guy.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've seen many many sigs like this recently and especially on planetrenders.com but I didn't even realise paint.net had custome brushes. I may need to download some? and a smudge tool too? wow! Seriously I've been using paint.net for a couple of years now and this forum is really suprising me. A+ tutorial ! :mtdew:

I might make some custom brushes, it would be very simple and cool to have a folder full of my own home made custom brushes.

Can you explain further the lighting source and how this applies to paint.net. Is this render built in or is it another plug-in? :)

:D

To add a light source, I usually brush with a white coloured 75 size brush. Then I Gaussian Blur at whatever fits best for the image. Usually around 50-70. Most of my signatures do not use this anymore, but this is what I used in this signature.

Thanks for the wonderful compliment, and if you have anymore questions, please feel free to ask me.

Edited by chrisco97

Hey chrisco, I am following this tut step by step and have gotten up to step 5 and every time I run jitter my image does not do what yours did... I cannot figure out why or what I'm doing wrong or missing... any advice?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Chrisco97, just wanted to say that your tutorial gave me the inspiration to create this, i followed your instruction however i added my own little twist in this sig, would like to say that this was an easy to follow well wrote out tutorial.

However the only problem i find is struggling to get the text to match the actual sig, for example your capt America text and the one in your current sig, maybe you could show me how to make the text fit please.

By the way here is my attempt :D

sonicsig1.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us