How do you change the color of text?

jmbarfld

i have a picture i want to add text to for my Facebook Mafia Wars groupIt is a black background with a white skull and when i try to add text it shows up white. i want to know how to change the color of the text so i can see what i am doing. Or can anyone spell out step by step what i need to do to get the desired results? post-79023-128810156577_thumb.png

In the Colors window click on the color that you want the text to be.

In the Layers window, click on the top layer, to make it the active working layer.

Next, add a new layer.

Press the Esc key on your keyboard, to be sure that there is not a selection active.

Activate the Text tool, and type.

i have a picture i want to add text to for my Facebook Mafia Wars groupIt is a black background with a white skull and when i try to add text it shows up white. i want to know how to change the color of the text so i can see what i am doing. Or can anyone spell out step by step what i need to do to get the desired results? post-79023-128810156577_thumb.png

what text do you want and where

@jmbarfld: Please note that you've posted your message in the tutorials+ section. Newbie Playground is a sub forum of the tutorial section, devoted to tutorials that Newbies can easily recreate.

I'll move this to the General Discussion & Questions area for you.

Please also note that a simple SEARCH (http://searchpaint.net/ works well) would have found the answers for you. So would a quick read through of the help files (press F1 in Paint.Net).

<moved to GD&Q>