combine 2 images side-by-side?

Krooze

I'm brand spanking new to paint.net and I have a question. I have 2 photos that I want to place side-by-side, combined into one image. One will need to be resized to be the same size as the other so the edges will match up. I don't need to do anything else to them, just stick them together and print it as one image. Can this be done?

Thanks for the help!

simple.

resize one to the same size as the other

make your canvas twice as wide as one picture

paste on picture in and Auto Align it to the left

make a new layer

paste the other picture in and Auto Align it to the right

save

tumblr_lr1sbohvzl1qbh4zh.png

Blog                     Twitter                     My Gallery

1-If the two images are both in same aspect ratio then do these:

-Open the bigger picture in Paint.net

-Size it down to make it same size as the second picture use: Image>Resize "Check the Maintain aspect ratio box"

-Open Image>Canvas Size, double up the Width and Anchor Right "uncheck here the Maintain aspect ratio box"

-Import the other picture, Layers>Import From File "by default the program will Align the second picture to the left"

-File>Save As...

2-If they are in different aspects then do this:

-Open the one with the bigger height

-Size it down so that the height is same as the second picture

-Open Canvas Size, Anchor Right, increase the width by adding the width of the second picture

-Import the second picture

-File>Save As...

Sfifer and yellowman - Thanks for the help.

The combined image looks great, probably much too big to post here though (it's around 8 mb's). They were scans of two drawings of mine that I needed to combine, it's artwork for a calendar. They images were different aspect ratios also so thanks for the additional instructions, yellowman.

I wouldn't call it simple since I had never used paint.exe before, but once I was able to understand what you were doing it went smoothly. I really like this program, nice tools and much easier to learn than the first one I tried.

Another thing I learned: Gimp Sucks! It crashed every time I tried to import the second image. Much harder to navigate and learn also, IMO.

Anyway, thanks again!

• 2 years later...
  • toe_head2001 changed the title to combine 2 images side-by-side?