Making Fur

Ella

I design clothes in a game so I am always in search for new textures. I spent a day in this forum and tried all the cool things out to make my own textures and that was fun so thank you a lot! I thought I will post the tutorial I have made here too as they might come handy to someone boltbait.smile.png. And I am a newbie in texture making so be gentle with me boltbait.smile.png.

Edited by Ella
sig_garfield.png

Thank you for your comment :). It always doesn´t have to be too complicated you know, beginners need some tips too :). And these tips came pretty handy to me, as I said for using in a game for doing home decorating textures and clothing textures.

sig_garfield.png

@Ella: Have you read the Tutorial Posting Guidelines? Especially note items #4, #5a and #6.

We already have several tutorials covering the making of fur:

Make hair/fur/grass

Realistic(ish) fur

If you had used Search: http://searchpaint.net/ you would have found these. In the latter tutorial there is even a four step guide to making fur: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/12435-realisticish-fur/page__view__findpost__p__205765 which is a similar technique to yours.

You might also like to read this tutorial: Cute Monsters. It has a neat use of smudge to create furry monsters.

I'll ask/recommend that you remove the first tutorial. It detracts from the second tutorial, which is a nice effect.

Thank you, I did as you suggested and removed the first post. Thanks for the tips too , I missed some of the threads like the cute monsters one boltbait.smile.png.

As I said I am a newbie so if you think this tutorial is not beneficial then I have no problem if it gets deleted or removed :).

Edited by Ella
sig_garfield.png

You've done a good job explaining the technique. I like the furry collar that you created & don't think the tut needs to be locked or deleted. How about I move this to the Newbie Playground?

<moved>

• 4 months later...

Thank you for your comment boltbait.smile.png. It always doesn´t have to be too complicated you know, beginners need some tips too boltbait.smile.png. And these tips came pretty handy to me, as I said for using in a game for doing home decorating textures and clothing textures.

thank you for the fur technique i am a newbie at all this! There is a lot of forums out there that offer to make siggys with your photos and thats what i am hoping to create but needed some pointers etc so this all helps x