How to make text align

Blasphemer

So, i'm making Metallica bootleg covers for MetCoverart.com but I cant figure out how to align the text like f.eg in Word. When you get the text perfectly aligned per line.

I've tried using the normally appropiate button, but that does nothing. And I've tried the Align Object plugin without any good results.

Any ideas or know-hows?

Thanks.

(Might post a few covers for show off later.)

WITHOUT ME ITS JUST AWESO

It's called Kerning, and it's not available in PDN (yet).

There is a beta release plugin: here. If that doesn't do it for you, you'll have to use a manual method:

1. Type your text on an otherwise blank layer.

2. Use the rectange select tool :RectangleSelectTool: to select the letters individually and then hit M on the keyboard to switch to the move tool :MoveTool:.

3. Reposition the letters with the mouse or arrow keys.

It's called Kerning, and it's not available in PDN (yet).

There is a beta release plugin: here. If that doesn't do it for you, you'll have to use a manual method:

1. Type your text on an otherwise blank layer.

2. Use the rectange select tool :RectangleSelectTool: to select the letters individually and then hit M on the keyboard to switch to the move tool :MoveTool:.

3. Reposition the letters with the mouse or arrow keys.

Thank you, Ive done that. Aligning myself with the arrow keys, but hell...Thats a lot of work and takes time I dont have.

Thanks for the tip, gonna try that plugin.

WITHOUT ME ITS JUST AWESO

Another possibility that may (or might not) work, is to do the text in MS Word.

Then make a screenshot of the page.

Import the screenshot and crop it.

Turn the white to alpha using the Grim Color Reaper plugin effect.

If you have not done so, you could down load Simon Brown's Re-editable text plug-in. It does have the ability to move the text around. If you really need to be able to align it, here's a trick you could do. Draw a line on its own layer (do it vertically), count the number of characters (including the spaces!), and divide it by two. With the calculated number, move the text layer roughly to close to the line by the numbers you divided.

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

• 3 years later...

Please take a look at the rules. This thread is extremely outdated and should be considered dead.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.