How to Install Plugins ×

High Pass v1.2

Cookies

This is a simple High Pass filter i created, it took me around 20 minutes for the base, used some extra hours for extra things

Some sample images

The base image:

yhsjjie-171.png

Samples for Custom UI version with extra options:

Zoom blur mode:
High%20Pass%20-%200[1].jpg 

Surface blur mode:
 High%20Pass%20-%201[1].jpg

Samples for Indirect UI version with less options:

Edges:
 Screenshot%20-%2042[1].jpg

Sharpening (A good idea is to switch between this and the base image):
 Screenshot%20-%2043[1].jpg

Greyscaled:

Screenshot%20-%2044[1].jpg

@ReMake has very kindly rebuilt this plugin to resolve some UI issues.  His version(s) replaces the previously available ZIP.

Download for 4.0+ :arrow-right: HighPass.zip

Download for 3.5.11 :arrow-right:HighPass v1.2 for PDN 3.5.11.zip

• Upvote 1
CookiesSigPDN2.png

v1.1 is out, fixed the image sharpening to adjust the High Passed pixel instead of source pixel, added a checkbox for sharpening and greyscale

CookiesSigPDN2.png

New version out, added extra blurs and made a custom UI i kept the old version if there's any bugs or you dont need the extra options

CookiesSigPDN2.png

• 4 weeks later...

hmm, for some reason, i am not able to go to both sites.

although i've clicked them a few times.

i think the links may be misplaced.

oh geez, sorry forgot to change the links when my friend changed my site from http://gfl.images.dc...ls.com/cookies/ to http://cookies.dcsrvdls.com, will be fixed in a few seconds

*edit* fixed

Edited by Cookies
CookiesSigPDN2.png

• 2 weeks later...

Added a download link Single Slider version to the first post which pretty much gives the same result as photoshops (photoshop with a radius of 2.5 quite much = radius of 5 in these high pass filters)

CookiesSigPDN2.png

It's different.

Could the sharpening option be added?

the single slider is mainly for getting the high passed image if you want sharpen use one of the 2 others, i just think it's nice to have some with extra options and then a simple one if none of other things isn't needed, you can always use the highpassed image to sharpen the original after using "Overlay" blendmode

Edited by Cookies
CookiesSigPDN2.png

• 1 year later...

I'm only posting in here because that's what I read I was supposed to do but anyways I tried installing all 3 different plugins and I keep getting the same result, the plugin opens but anytime I click on the slider bar or do anything I instantly get the error message saying "The plugin had encountered an error, and must be closed."

Here are the error details:

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\HighPass2.dll

Name: HighPassEffect.HighPassEffectPlugin

Version: 1.1.3899.15491

Author: Cookies

Copyright: Copyright © Cookies

Full error message: PaintDotNet.WorkerThreadException: Worker thread threw an exception ---> System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'PaintDotNet.Int32Util' from assembly 'PaintDotNet.Base, Version=3.36.3158.38062, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

at HighPassEffect.HighPassEffectPlugin.Render(Surface dst, Surface src, Rectangle rect)

at HighPassEffect.HighPassEffectPlugin.OnRender(Rectangle[] rois, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)

at PaintDotNet.Effects.Effect`1.Render(Rectangle[] renderRects, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)

at PaintDotNet.Effects.Effect`1.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)

at PaintDotNet.Effects.Effect.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois)

at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.ThreadFunction()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Join()

at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Abort()

at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Start()

at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.<>c__DisplayClassb.<RunEffect>b__8(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Anyone else having any problems with this?

What version of Paint.NET are you using? I ask because I suspect this "Version=3.36.3158.38062" means you're using an old version of Paint.NET.

If this is the case, updating Paint.NET to the latest version will solve your problem.

Yeah 3.36 is 4 years old now, it's not supported in any way, and is totally obsolete. You need to upgrade. (it's free, remember? just click on Help menu -> Check for Updates)

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

• 2 years later...

Hello Carlos,

I just downlaoded (scanned with Kaspersky) installed and tested on Pdn 3.5.11.
All o.k.
I think Norton just dislikes it because it is not 'zipped'.
I don't know if it works on Pdn 4 - probably will - and 99.9% sure it is virus free.

Norton is pretty useless in my experience.

(But I do always scan everything with Kaspersky.)

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

• 6 months later...

I am having problems using this Plug-In.   On my screen the control dialog box looks like this:

HighPass-dialog-box-(bad).jpg

The controls are unusable.   :(

I have the latest version of Paint.Net (4.5.5454.39504)  and the latest version of this plug-in (1.2.3903.27501).  I am using a Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro running Windows 8.1.  This has a 13" display running 3200x1800 resolution.  I have a similar issue with dialog boxes in a few other software packages and with one other Paint.Net plug-in.

I understand that this issue is due to the high screen resolution and the high dpi.  So possibly other devices using high resolution and high dpi have this same problem

I would like to use this plug-in as I am interested in HDR and I am following the Extreme HDR Tutorial.

Switch your screen resolution from 250% to 100% and use a magnifier. ;-)

Seriously (I'm using the same laptop) I doubt that there is anything else someone can do than to adapt the source of the plugin.

All plugins which do not use the IndirectUI API of Paint.NET have to be prepared that the controls must be scaled to the current resolution.

midoras signature.gif

Thank you for the suggestion.  However, it did not really work for me.  The dialog box appears larger, but the overlap of the individual controls is still the same and I cannot adjust each one.  Just a larger version of what I posted above.

I see that Cookies has not been around here for several months.  So I guess he is not going to update the plug-in to use the proper API.

Maybe someone else will.

Switch your screen resolution from 250% to 100% and use a magnifier. ;-)

Seriously (I'm using the same laptop) I doubt that there is anything else someone can do than to adapt the source of the plugin.

All plugins which do not use the IndirectUI API of Paint.NET have to be prepared that the controls must be scaled to the current resolution.

I didn't expect that you really may change the resolution just to get it o run. Sorry.

The author metioned an IndirectUI version in the first post. Did you try this version too?

midoras signature.gif

I have now.  Yes, the Single-Slider version works very well.

Thank you.  I need to remember to read things closely.  The first time I read this thread, I was unaware of the IndirectUI API.  When I learned of this API, I never connected it back to the notes in the first post of this thread.

I didn't expect that you really may change the resolution just to get it o run. Sorry.

The author metioned an IndirectUI version in the first post. Did you try this version too?

• 7 months later...

I had downloaded this plugin, but I put back to zero my Pc, but I forgot to protect the plugin except for now the link is death . somebody can help me please 

Edited by sandermen