How to Install Plugins ×

Edgemaster

n d

Sure, there are lots & lots of edge detection plugins, and even one built in in paint.net. But mine does it better :P;)

How it works - 2 controls

Color: this adjusts the colour used. Edges will be drawn with this colour on transparent.

Intensity: this adjusts the line intensity on a scale of 1-40 where 1 is barely any edgemastery, and 40 is full edgemastery.

Example:

Original image

edex1.png

In these examples, I have merged the result on a white layer, but in reality the effect produces transparent layers + the lines on the colour of your choice.

Edgemaster @ intensity 5, colour black:

edex2.png

Edgemaster @ 20 intensity, colour blue:

edex3.png

I won't even go into intensity 40, because that is way too much edgemastery for this forum - it might damage your eyes. Not to mention your brian.

edgemaster.zip

Edited by toe_head2001
Fixed broken images

ndeee2.png

Edgemastery sure is a cool word. :D

But there is still a little bit too much noise going around to be called mastered. If you keep releasing PlugIns like this, you might soon be one of the few ones that have a PlugIn pack :O

If it's worth downloading, we'll see about that :P

Edgemastery sure is a cool word. :D

But there is still a little bit too much noise going around to be called mastered.

THOU DARETH QUESTION THE EDGEMASTER???!?? :mrgreen:

...anyway, you get less noise if you set the intensity lower. The first example is done with intensity 5, you can use 1-4 to get less noise, then if the lines are too faint you can use object outline or some similar...

I gave the plugin lots of intensity options because you can get really cool effects with the hi-int settings... somewhere around 10-20 with black colour you can turn photos into charcoal drawings ;)

If you keep releasing PlugIns like this, you might soon be one of the few ones that have a PlugIn pack :O

If it's worth downloading, we'll see about that :P

Hmm, now there's a thought ;)

I'm still very new at this, I'm mainly doing this to learn C# and have some fun, but if people enjoy my plugins and find them at least somewhat useful I'm happy with that.

-oh btw - like always, sources are available at request.

Edited by n d

ndeee2.png

• 1 year later...

Try it again. I just did and it works fine.

• 3 weeks later...

The link works fine, and I was able to download "edgemaster.zip", but the content(s) is not a .dll or other file that Paint.Net recognizes. I was able to open "edgemaster" (no file extension) in an editor, and I can see what looks like the beginning of a "pkzip" and the characters "edgemaster.dll". Tried renaming that file to edgemaster.dll (not recognized in Paint.net), and tryed unzipping the file after renaming it edgemaster.zip (would not unzip). May I suggest re-posting the .zip file after insuring the .dll is the only file? Thanks.

EER, it look like it is downloading the zip but there is nothing in there. File shows that it is about 4.3kb big. Doesn't say that the folder is empty. Just says to select a file. This is on Win 7, Office 10 machine.

Again, I have the file if we cannot get in touch with n d....

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

EER, it look like it is downloading the zip but there is nothing in there. File shows that it is about 4.3kb big. Doesn't say that the folder is empty. Just says to select a file. This is on Win 7, Office 10 machine.

Again, I have the file if we cannot get in touch with n d....

I think there's something going on at that site (fileden). We were having the very same problem with another plugin just a couple days ago that was hosted there as well. First it downloaded for me after someone else complained about it, then I went and tried again a couple times and got the same results you've just described.

EDIT:

(It was the Trail 3d plugin)

Edited by jim100361

Jim, for what it's worth, the function in 7-Zip to test the integrity of a zip file says "Data error in 'edgemaster'. File is broken". I don't know whether you uploaded the already zipped file to Fileden, or used a function on their site to zip the file, but I'll check back from time to time to see if the prob has been fixed. Thanks for responding so quickly. deejay

My dear friend, I neither uploaded or attempted to upload. I tried to download the file. The first time it worked for me (after the gentlemen expressed difficulty - the Trail 3d plugin), and I re-attempted to download multiple times after and they kept coming up empty.

I am not the problem, the website apparently is.

Edited by jim100361

Jim, please accept my apologies. I erred from the first in assuming you wrote Edgemaster (because you jumped in quickly in an attempt to help). That is why I also thought you did the upload. Apparently "N D", the author (whom I should have known, from the 1st post) prefers to keep his file(s) on his own site. Again, I am assuming that some files are maintained in the Paint.Net archives, as the link appears in a different format from the links where the author directs you to their own site. Let's put this to rest, as I doubt we will hear from N D, who hasn't posted since 2010. Thanks again..... DeeJay

If anyone has a copy of the *.dll please let me know via PM. I'll replace the broken link once I have the file (I don't seem to).

File attached to first post. Many thanks to null54 for making his copy of the plugin available :star: