Dutch language pack?

HenryV

Hello,

I just installed and tried Paint.NET and I'm impressed! I am looking for a good alternative for Photoshop Elements, which we now use in our workshops for kids age 12-18. Annually we teach thousands of youngsters in The Netherlands a little bit of how the media shape the world with the use of creative software by letting them use this software themselves. Paint.NET looks like a very good altnernative for our obsolete version of Photshop Elements, but the only problem is that it is in English and not all the kids we work with are very good at English. I've seen mentions of a Dutch language pack, but it seems to be for older versions of Paint.NET?

Does anyone know if anyone is working on a Dutch version of Paint.NET v3.5.5? It would be really great if we could use this. It would mean that thousands of kids will be editing photo's for the first time in their lives with Paint.NET and a first experience like that is priceless. It would be a boost for Paint.NET as well. I hope anyone can help.

Hello, try and click on "Utilities" menu item and then on "Language"

Dutch is not yet available for pdn version 3.5 and up, I think. Maybe get in contact with the Dutch translators in the 'Translation and Localization' section?

Dutch thread

(still a beta though)

btw: Why is it Dutch and not 'Netherlandish' or something? Sounds like the English version of 'Deutsch' :O

Edited by Frontcannon

btw: Why is it Dutch and not 'Netherlandish' or something? Sounds like the English version of 'Deutsch' :O

I think the English speaking part of the world didn't understand the difference between the people from the Netherlands and the Germans. I don't think we are to blame. :)