How to Install Plugins ×

BoltBait & Illnab1024 Gradient Plugin (UPDATED!) v3.0

Illnab1024

This plugin was made before PDN had a built-in Gradient tool.

The reason why this one is still useful is that it can do RGB and HSV (short and long) gradation, and the built-in one does only straight RGB gradation.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Also still useful if you're trying to fit the gradient exactly to the image, which can be difficult to do by hand.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

To solve various naming, "worthlessness" problems, why not rename this plugin "HSV gradient tool" or something of the same persuasion? That way, you get people downloading it because they do not feel that they already have it, and there is more cohesion between both the gradient tool, and this plugin.

Nice work, BTW...

Lorenz_84_signature_by_PhillipsJ2.png

"I am the anarchist, I am the antichrist, I am the walrus, G'JOO G'GOO G'JOOB!"

I dig a pygmy, by Charles Hawtree and the Deaf Aids. Phase One, in which Doris gets her oats.

~John Lennon

I can't find this anywhere in my effects menus...any know issues with it failing to appear?

First of all, take five minutes to check if you have installed it correctly. Just use BoltBait's instructions found here:

http://boltbait.googlepages.com/install

Remember you have to restart PDN before the effect appears. I had no problem when I tested it and it was directly in my effects menue (so don't search submenues).

FF, thanks for the reminder, I appreciate it. If I hadn't already installed pretty much every other plugin known to man, I'd say it might be a case of forgetting to unblock, etc, however...

Seeing as how I've had plenty of experience with installing (and trying my hand at writing) numerous plugins, that's not helping me much. I double-checked BB's screenshots just to make sure it wasn't hiding somewhere I didn't expect, like in the Adjustments menu or a submenu, but while I have the dll in the right place (with all of its friends), and have gone so far as to delete it and redownload it about 5 times, I still don't see it anywhere on the danged effects menu. :(

...and now the dll appears to be missing from the server...

drakaan sig jan 2020.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a question, since this is an older plugin and there is a gradient in v3.10, should I still install this one? I don't have the square gradient and it looks awesome. I can think of several uses for it. Also once installed will it overwrite the one already in v3.10? Thanks. :D

Skystars5banner2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

FIRST POST EVER!

Sorry If I sound rude but because I'm knew to photo editing and Paint.NET - what's the difference in the gradient effect plug - in that's being offered here and the one that is on PDN already. I hope you do help me to understand as I am completely knew to all of this.

The Tool available by default allows to you 'draw' a gradient in the same(similar) way you would a line. The Plugin 'renders' the gradient based on your settings. I use both on a regular basis. I suggest everyone do the same.

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

FIRST POST EVER!

Sorry If I sound rude but because I'm knew to photo editing and Paint.NET - what's the difference in the gradient effect plug - in that's being offered here and the one that is on PDN already. I hope you do help me to understand as I am completely knew to all of this.

Like BB said, some of it's features have now been integrated into Paint.NET, but back when this was made there were little tools to do gradients in PDN. But this plugin still offers benefits like HSV.

tagflowsig.png

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

I am a disco dancer. +_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

• 6 years later...