merging layers help

cetchance51

When ever I have two seperate layers, the bottom layer is set to multiply the top layer is normal, and I try to merge them the top layer becomes set to multiply too. Is there anyway to fix this?

p.s. I tried explaining the best I could, let me know if you still don't understand what I'm asking.

*EDIT*

Ok. I have tried moving the two layers I want to merge into another image and flattening it, but the finished image is just like merging the layers. Anyone know how to get around this annoying problem?

Edited by cetchance51

As far as I can tell, the only way to fully preserve layer blending whilst remaining worry-free about the outcome is flattening the image. Were you working with more than 2 layers? If not, flattening might be a good idea. If so, try experimenting with your blending. If it's only a few layers you need to merge, perhaps you could try importing them to a new image, setting the blending and relative positions right, flattening it, then import that back to your original work as a new layer.

Hope this helps. :)

Edited by jerry533482

Space...The Final Frontier. -James Tiberius Kirk; circa 2260s

YLOD VICTIM

Relax, there's plenty of [un]obvious workarounds when it comes to layering. Back a while ago, I wondered if it'd be practical to move a layer up and down very far an image with a total of 30+ layers without crashing my computer (yes, I still use a single core machine. :/ ), and it was suggested that I simply copy the contents of the layer I needed to move, create a new layer where the content needs to be, and simply paste it in. I was kinda' stunned by the simplicity of this solution. Even other members have reported issues similar to what you're stating.

So yeah, you're not the only forum member confused with layering.

Space...The Final Frontier. -James Tiberius Kirk; circa 2260s

YLOD VICTIM

Why is it always the simplest solutions that never come to mind? When someone tells you how to do it it's like: duh *slaps forehead*

:P