Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Possum Roadkill

Special Discussion

85 posts in this topic

I tried PollDaddy and wasn't terribly impressed. Perhaps it's a better option now though, I don't know.

Yeah, the more votes...the better.

I think so too.

Possum, as long as we both keep the same method (PM entries, you can post on other sites, public vote) then there should be no problem. I have already incorporated PM entries and polldaddy, but I have only gotten two entries. PLEASE SUBMIT AN ENTRY!!!!

Hopefully next week will be a little more cooperative and I think we should lock this thread after we reach a decision.

I always saw this as a Paint.net forum competition where members entered their artwork and other members voted for the art piece they thought was the best. Apparently you see this a something much different than I do. There's nothing wrong with that as long as you respect the fact that I see my comps differently. So far I have given my reasoning as to why I want to keep my comps the way I am doing them currently. I think the past two weeks have shown that the blind entry method works and the voting was not influenced by people voting for their friends, but for the best piece of art. I think the method is as fair as we can make it. So I think my method works for how I see these competitions and what they have traditionally been since long before either of the three of us have been members on this forum. Like I have said, I do not plan on making any additional changes to my comps.

I have so far not seen where you have given a reason to change things so drastically. Why is it that you think non-members of this forum should be allowed to vote in the comps? Why is it that you don't think the polling method on this forum is not fair or inferior to something like polldaddy. If things are working why "fix" it with such drastic changes? I just don't see the logic in any of this. You are free to run your comp as you see fit, but I'm real curious as to why this has come up and the thought process behind it since your original PM to me was all about the blind entry method.

I'd also like to point out some things that I think are flaws in your plan. If you host the poll on polldaddy and allow anyone (non-Paint.net forum members) to vote in the poll, then I could send out an email to all the people in my office and ask them to vote for my entry. We have over 400 employees where I work. I also have a big family spread out all over the country and we all stay in touch one way or another. The snowman Christmas card I made last Christmas was downloaded off my forum over 200 times, 450 times off my photobucket account, over 300 times off our company server and another 1200 + on my Facebook gallery and I have no idea how many times off this forum and PdN Fans and DA or how many people emailed it to their friends. Just about everyone in my County knows who I am. So how fair would it be if I decided to pull out all the stops and get all these people to vote for my entry in one of your polls on polldaddy? It wouldn't be fair at all. So far you haven't given me any reason to think your method will be more fair that mine. Here's your chance to argue your side.

I would also like to hear what other members think about letting non-forum members vote in the comps.

As to locking this thread, since it's my thread, I'd say that either my choice or Pyrochild's call to lock it.

I guess I see the flaws now and they outweigh the benefits. Maybe on site voting is the solution.

I say we hurry up and agree on a method, because everyone is confused about it.

Confused? Me too! It doesn't matter what fool-proof method we devise...along will come a better fool.

Can we please just have ONE method for entry & ONE method of voting.

I like PM entry & forum voting.

I've had an eureka moment ... :FloodModeLocal::lightning:

... a competition to see which competition entry method would work the best ... then have a vote to see which voting system would have the most votes :beer:

Now I admit to being an argumentative bar-steward, but 3 pages of this ?

The way it's going, the Northern Ireland peace process will end up being quicker

Does everyone agree with PM Entries, and Forum voting? All in favor say "Aye"!

Aye!

Edited by chrisco97

I?

Don't you mean 'Aye'?

Oh whatever I don't want a 3-page argument on the correct spelling.

Aye

I?

Don't you mean 'Aye'?

Oh whatever I don't want a 3-page argument on the correct spelling.

Aye

Was in a rush, wasn't thinking...fixed...

Aye!

As a rule for all competitions?

Like Simon, i am assuming this is for all comps...AYE.

As I have mentioned, I have a special surprise for everyone who competes in the WOTW, AOTW, and SAC competitions. Barbieq, Welshblue, and Chrisco have agreed to create new awards for these comps !!!!

This is what Barbieq has created for the Abstract of the Week comp.

http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae223/DeadPossums/AWARDS/BarbieqAwards_All.png

This is what Welshblue has created for the WOTW comp.

http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae223/DeadPossums/AWARDS/WelshblueAwards_All.png

Chrisco is working on his awards and should have them done any time ! I'll post them here when he sends them.

PM Entry.... well, fine. Good concept.

Polldaddy? Heck no. Make a poll on the forum or don't. But I won't visit another site just to vote on some pictures..

Possum, those are beautiful, :) Welshy, I thought the are cookies :P .

Good job Barbieq too.

Can you have a couple for me too please? Coffee, white, no sugar with it too. Love the add. Geez, Vinnie's got my Mum :lol:

hope I win the next comp..would love on of Bbq's "crisp packets" :lol: ..or even on of Welshy's "bisqwits" :mrgreen:

cant wait to see what Chrisco comes up with!!..maybe a whole picnic for the overall winner :pizza::coffee::cake::cookie-chocolate: (just kidding :mrred: )

regards j.d.

j.d. "crisp packets"?

Been at the sherry again? :P I had to look at the thumbnails & you are so right! I got a good chuckle out of that.

A picnic would be great!

Very nice idea with the awards, but shouldn't the awards for the AOTW be more.. abstract? :P

Very nice idea with the awards, but shouldn't the awards for the AOTW be more.. abstract? :P

She provided me with exactly what I asked for. When was the last time you entered the AOTW? Now you have to enter or you will get no cookies from me.

Thank you Frontcannon.

Yes, Possum was quite specific in what he wanted as the host of AOTW. This image was voted by the people into the Galleria on the PDN Fanatics forum.

Possum wanted something special for winners of the comps. I suppose it comes down to a matter of taste.

Looking forward to seeing your entries.