How to Install Plugins ×

Installing Plugins with Effect Installer 1.0

Hunter

Oh that is a sweet looking installer! My question, could it install multiple plug-ins, or do you have to add them individually?

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

I don't mean to be critical, but wouldn't it be a good idea to give effect installer the capability to install filetype plugins too? And what about PDN's install location? 99% of the time, PDN is installed at C:\program files\Paint.NET, but what if users installed it in another folder? Perhaps an option to adjust where PDN is installed would be a good idea.

Just some ideas. :)

Space...The Final Frontier. -James Tiberius Kirk; circa 2260s

YLOD VICTIM

I guess those are some good ideas. I'm also thinking about adding the capability of installing Fonts (mainly true type).

Win Vista and 7 have that (Right-click, Install) built-in.

I know, but XP doesn't.

Everyone note: I will be working on this occasionally. As for now, I'm going to be playing a bit of MW2.

Edited by Hunter

I guess those are some good ideas. I'm also thinking about adding the capability of installing Fonts (mainly true type).

That won't be necessary. PDN v3.5.5 now detects new fonts when it's installed, and I have already have a bookmark on my computer to open the Fonts directory, paste the new font, and then PDN will detect the new one.

... and I have already have a bookmark on my computer to open the Fonts directory ...

Err, you mean like Utilities -> Manage Fonts? That's all it does: it launches the Fonts folder / control panel.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Err, you mean like Utilities -> Manage Fonts? That's all it does: it launches the Fonts folder / control panel.

*smacks forehead* I completely forgot about that. I have gotten so used to doing it the long way around. :lol::roll:

• 2 years later...

Its wrong - whatever 'it" is.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Move or copy the plugin DLL into your paint.net\Effects\ folder and restart paint.net. It's that simple it doesn't really need an installer.

• toe_head2001 locked this topic