Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
csm725

Polished Ceramics / Colored Glass Text Effect

70 posts in this topic

Interesting as in...

I find that using alpha-displacement gives a more glassy appearance. Thanks to xmario's glass orb tutorial, I had been using Gaussian blur to make the transparent not completely uniform, yet giving it the appearance of transparency. Median was used once, and the white highlight were elliptical then deleted with the text selected, and blurred around 50 pixels, much better than using the transparent gradients.

Edited by Lance McKnight

Lance, that is some jaw dropping text you have there. Maybe a full tutorial would be more in the interest of the community (or at least, me)? :D

Let's not hijack CSM's tutorial. It's a very good one, and I would use his tutorial as a spring board, and with some of my tips thrown in. See what you come up with.

Please keep this discussion about a different technique to a thread other than this one. Thank you.

im stuck on step 8, what do you do to select all and copy? I inverted the colors and merged that layer with the layer u filled with black im just stuck on selecting all and copying

Edited by majicman12

After copying, use the Alpha Mask plugin effect.

how do i copy i mean like i did ctrl + A but ctrl + C wont work

You can also use the menu.

Edit > Select All

Edit > Copy

can u just make a small video? (sorry for replying so late i was eating dinner)

Understand that when you give the Copy command there is no visible result.

It merely stores the Text Mask in the Windows clipboard.

The clipboard image is then used by the Alpha Mask plugin at Step 9.

Hello, i am a new user to Paint.NET forums but i have previously used Paint.NET a couple of years back.

I am 14 and am still pretty new to Paint.NET and would like to know how to "select all, and copy."

- Zasalamel

Hello, i am a new user to Paint.NET forums but i have previously used Paint.NET a couple of years back.

I am 14 and am still pretty new to Paint.NET and would like to know how to "select all, and copy."

- Zasalamel

Welcome!

Step eight: Invert the colors of the TextMask layer so it is white. Make a new layer under it and fill it with black. Merge TextMask onto the black layer, select all, and copy. You can then delete the layer:

1. select all = Ctrl + A or = menu edit/select all

2. copy = Ctrl + C = menu edit/copy = :Copy: in the tool bar.

Thanks, this tutorial taught me a good use of Alpha Mask and the outcome was very interesting!

revoltchat.png

I thought my result here might go well with LJXD tut result, since both have a plasticy look to me. I'm not sure they work together, but here it is.

th_Blancosig2.png

Sorry for the noob question, but I'm a bit stuck on step 8 where it says "Invert the colors of the TextMask layer so it is white". How exactly do we do that? Thanks in advance.

Heres mine, I didn't follow to the letter and tried a few things out.

mincoloured.png