ResGen query

Hello there!

All the links that I found in the forum for downloading the ResGen app were not working so I downloaded it from here.

Unfortunately, although I have followed the instructions on the relevant thread, the compiling command is not working. ( I have posted a few screenshots in my previous post here)

The ultimately frustrating part of my story is that, although the translation is ready and error-free, I need to make a few screenshots of the localised end result for my dissertation which needs to be submitted (ahem!) tomorrow. So it's kinda urgent..

Anyone who could upload the ResGen version they used or has any idea how I can make the one I already have work, would be my, well, saviour. I probably by now sound like the worst kind of n00b but I really need your help on this one!

/EDIT

Or, in case this makes it easier, I have uploaded the Greek string file here:

http://www.2shared.com/file/bBbxlQ4I/Stringsel.html

Maybe someone can just compile it for me and send it?

Edited by sunlioness

Looking at your screenshots I noticed that your command is lacking the numeral 3,

that is in the command that muntealb gave as example.

Don't know if it's relevant.

True. I forgot to mention that I tried both @muntealb's version and the one in the "Instructions to make a language pack".

Unfortunately none worked. Neither did any variation with other numbers.

Thanks for the try though :)

Your problem is that you're using a tool for Valve Hammer, which is used for creating game mods for Half-Life.

You need ResGen.exe from Microsoft which is from the .NET Framework, which you can get simply by downloading any of the Windows/.NET SDKs.

I attached both resgen and a compiled version of your strings. 

Edited by Zagna

sig.jpg.7f312affa740bae49243c4439bc4a244.jpg

Your problem is that you're using a tool for Valve Hammer, which is used for creating game mods for Half-Life.

You need ResGen.exe from Microsoft which is from the .NET Framework, which you can get simply by downloading any of the Windows/.NET SDKs.

I attached both resgen and a compiled version of your strings. 

I cannot express my gratitude right now! Thank you so much, you saved me!

After this final, visual check, the Greek package will be ready for upload.

Edited by sunlioness