How to Install Plugins ×

Shape3D (2007-08-24) [Bug Fixed September 2023]

MKT

• 1 year later...

I'd like to report a PDN freeze regarding the Shape 3D plugin. There is no crash log. Not sure when it quit working...I can't remember if I used it in v5.07.

Simple to replicate (unless it's me):  Make a solid color or open a texture file, click on Shape 3D and it makes a sphere immediately without the user interface opening.

Paint.net is then completely frozen...I can't click on anything. You have to use the Task Manager to end PDN.  Thank you, Rick!

I also do not have any plugin errors.

Edited by lynxster4
addt'l info added

5 minutes ago, lynxster4 said:

Simple to replicate (unless it's me):  Make a solid color or open a texture file, click on Shape 3D and it makes a sphere immediately without the user interface opening.

Paint.net is then completely frozen...I can't click on anything.

I can't reproduce this issue.

Are you sure the user interface didn't open on another monitor?

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

(I split this discussion out into its own thread in the Troubleshooting section)

Yeah getting this to repro on another system will be important

So if I understand correctly, it does render something (a sphere) but then it's non-responsive.

Does the Paint.NET window get "ghosted" ? When a window is non-responsive, Windows will fade it towards white. It will also be labeled as "(Not responding)" in the title bar area. "Non-responsive" has a specific meaning though; it means that the application is not responding to window messages (input events and other things). If the window doesn't "ghost" then it's a different problem (technically speaking).

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Thanks, @toe_head2001 and @Rick Brewster for responding to this. The user interface is opening on a 'third' monitor, my Wacom Cintaq that I just got.

I looked through the Shape3D thread and found a post from 2017 where IronSkye was having a similar problem and that made me check the Cintaq and sure enough...

Isn't there any way to have the UI open where it's supposed to?  It's a mighty handy plugin at times.  Thanks, again!  ☺️

Edited by lynxster4

1 hour ago, lynxster4 said:

Isn't there any way to have the UI open where it's supposed to?

The plugin does have an option to remember Position and Size, but it doesn't seem to be working 100% correctly.

image.png

It might be easy to fix though.  I'll add it to my To Do list.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

3 hours ago, lynxster4 said:

click on Shape 3D and it makes a sphere immediately without the user interface opening.

Paint.net is then completely frozen...I can't click on anything.

There *used* to be a problem with the UI always opening on a second monitor if present. I thought we'd fixed it - but it looks like this may be the issue. Do you have (or recently had) a second monitor attached?

10 hours ago, toe_head2001 said:

It might be easy to fix though.  I'll add it to my To Do list.

Thank you, Toey!  I don't want to turn on my Cintaq every time I use Shape3D.  For now, that's what I'll have to do. At least I know where the window went thanks to the post I referred to.

9 hours ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

There *used* to be a problem with the UI always opening on a second monitor if present.

It used to open on my second monitor. That presented no problem but the Cintaq messed things up a bit.

Thanks to everyone!  😍

• toe_head2001 changed the title to Shape3D (2007-08-24) [Bug Fixed September 2023]