exploding planet

ninja

This tutorial is available as a PDF. Click here to view or download it

exploding planet

I know there are like 2 others tutorials about how to do a exploding planet but i thought this one was quite different and is made in a very different way.

This is my first tutorial :)

Plugins needed: Fire!, noise, zoom blur and hue/saturation

1. Fill canvas with black

2. Add noise – settings: 100, 20 , 0.40

3. New layer

4. Shift + ellipse tool, make a circle as big as a tennis ball.

5. Use the paint brush (colour – green) make islands (the islands are for the rocks that are being thrown away)

6. Deselect

7. Zoom blur (88)

8. Fire! settings to your likings or you can do 951,0.67 and 27

9. New layer

10. Make the planet layer visible (but not selected) paint inside of the planet outline the rocks keeping a bit away from actually touching them.

11. Zoom blur (100 then repeat so it's 200)

12. Fire! (at the same settings when you made the rocks)

13. Hue/saturation make it any colour (blue is what I choose) and play about with the saturation and the lightness

14. Zoom blur (about 20)

15. Make all layers visible and move the exploding planet to a location in which you are satisfied with

Finished product - 6

If you found settings which make the planet look really good or the explosion really good please post them :D

NINjasiggy-1.jpg~original

It has a cool effect, but I like the other tut better. (No offense)

i dont mind, but could you give a contructive critisism - this could of been this colour, this could of been lighter also im quite new to paint.net so you cant expect some amazing stuff from me.

Edited by ninja

It is a nice tutorial , but I like the old one more. I will try this out, and give you my result.

Edit: I will tell you this, it needs to have more shell around it, if you know what I mean. It just looks like an explosion with some rocks around it. As on the other one, it looks like a planet about to corrupt. However, this one is nice because it is 100% Paint.NET, so I give you points for that.

Edited by chrisco97

It is a nice tutorial , but I like the old one more. I will try this out, and give you my result.

Edit: I will tell you this, it needs to have more shell around it, if you know what I mean. It just looks like an explosion with some rocks around it. As on the other one, it looks like a planet about to corrupt. However, this one is nice because it is 100% Paint.NET, so I give you points for that.

thanks! now that you told how i could of made it better i have done an another planet exploding but i put some rocks in the center area and now looks much more better. :)

this planet looks very explosive if you catch my drift ... *waits for laughs* ... ... ...

its actually a really nice tutorial maybe a little blending or something might make it fit a little better but its still a great tut, just as good as the other exploding planets tut but provides a different effect,

• 2 weeks later...

where do you get the Fire! plug in?

EDIT: found it... you might want to add a link next time though so people who don't have it can download it.

sorry that i replied so late, but to make up for that... here is a link for 2 plugin megapacks i can guarentee that you wont have to download any more plugins (well be mabey just a few).

thnx for advice as well :)

(link)

<snip>

Edited by pyrochild
Link to ILLEGAL plugin pack removed

Great tutorial 9/10. I made mine exploding asteroids instead of planet.

nice! :D it's good to see what people have done with my tutorial

i see that you black and whited it (not entirely sure)

Edited by ninja

Boo..., why did you do that pyrochild??

i mean why is that illegal? :(

is there a rule that says that you are not allowed to post links for plugins that you can download on any webs accept from paint.net website?

im gonna check the rules

Edited by ninja

is there a rule that says that you are not allowed to post links for plugins that you can download on any webs accept from paint.net website?

im gonna check the rules

Yes. The "rules" that were being violated are called intellectual property laws.

Basically, we plugin authors don't like it when other people steal our stuff and give it away without our permission.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Yes. The "rules" that were being violated are called intellectual property laws.

Basically, we plugin authors don't like it when other people steal our stuff and give it away without our permission.

So the if a website didnt get your permission and if someone gave a link to that website you will take the link away.

I think that theres nothing wrong with that it makes it easier for every1 to download plugins.

I'd say you should just copy their idea of plugin packs.