Competition Ideas

pyrochild

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would like something like "image battles" which is basically just two images as a battle similar to sig battles. I don't want to be constrained by the size requirement and that it has to be a sig. Normal battle would be great :D

Here is my website - http://www.oddllama.cu.cc

Here is my gallery - http://oddalpaca.deviantart.com/gallery

Am I odd? - yes

Am I a llama? - yes

• 4 weeks later...

Q:  Why do the winners get to choose?  It's kind of self-replicating, like Zombies...

Is there another mechanism we can inject occasionally to allow a broader spectrum of competition selection?

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Q:  Why do the winners get to choose?  It's kind of self-replicating, like Zombies...

Is there another mechanism we can inject occasionally to allow a broader spectrum of competition selection?

I hereby declare Ego Eram Reputo supreme overlord of competition idea selection.
  • Upvote 2

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

I hereby declare Ego Eram Reputo supreme overlord of competition idea selection.

All in favor press the green button ;P

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Supreme Overlord.  Now that has a ring to it....

"YOU!"  

"(cringes) Yes Overlord?"  

"Go AWAY quickly!"

"(bowing & scraping) Yes Supreme Overlord"

:lol:

double :lol: s.c.r.a.p.i.n.g!

http://psd.tutsplus.com/tutorials/interface-tutorials/photoshop-web-design-sleek/

I enjoyed this tut because the finished demo was not difficult to code from the .pdn layers.  Actually started writing it up as a tutorial because there is nothing available here like this.

Nice idea.

<off topic> I like your stonehenge style sig Doughty</off topic>

• Upvote 1

How about a plugin-based competition where you are given a short list of plugins, tools*, adjustments, effects, etc that are allowed in your entry as well as a theme (no stocks images unless provided by the competition host). Basic anti-alias plugin always allowed.

Theme examples:

-create a planet using only the tools menu and layers. Minimum image dimensions: 100x100

-design a signature with only the text tool, clouds, and polar inversion. Image dimensions restricted to 150x500

-make a desktop wallpaper with only the line tool, and layers. Minimum image dimensions: 800x600

-edit (insert image) using only ___# effects of your choice. Image dimensions restricted to original image size

-create an avatar in six steps (screenshot of history window required)

...and so forth.

*I added tools to the restrictions because we have people like aislin who can whip up a crazy piece of art using only the brush, line, and paintbucket :P Selection and move tool should always be allowed.

I like this idea with an added thought of using little known plugins.

Such as Droste: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/7122-escher-droste-plugin/

or Grid Grad: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/22536-wotw-36/

SloppySig.png

exception: xml error

Oh all right I'll fix it :P

<off topic> I like your stonehenge style sig Doughty</off topic>

After GoonFella's challenge to me of converting a PS tutorial to PDN I thought it could be a good idea for a competition.  

The host chooses the first tutorial, subsequent winners of the best translation of the chosen tut etc choose the next ?

Something different on picking the best image theme ?

Do we need to test each translated entry to make sure it is viable/workable?

---------------

DrewDale......Nice. :smile:

SloppySig.png

Having just read your post on page 10 here, I understand now how it would work, read a Photoshop tutorial and then try to replicate it in PDN ? Sounds like a sweet idea. I would give it my best shot, it would be an interesting challenge :)

I was going to ask santa for windows 8, but now have it, so apart from driving lessons and a whole host of vanity products, I don't think I need to ask / beg for anything else :lol: (please note, that is subject to change daily)

swIFX9v.png

• 2 weeks later...