Sig Battles: Discussion

chrisco97

@Welshy , go back and read your posts you are the one who has a bee in his bonnet about people not visiting the galleries, get over it. You may be easy going ( and a great artist )but it also seems you need a lot of gratification to make you happy, just my observation. Like I said do you write letters thanking all the artists who have recorded the albums that you listen to or thanking the directors of all the films you enjoy ? And as for the " we have a board for galleries " that still doesn't mean people are obliged to look and comment on the work, you know why the galleries are here from the previous thread I mentioned and of which the parties involved agreed to stop mentioning lack of votes in said galleries. If you want to leave here as you don't enjoy it leave but don't make threats, its one of the lamest things you can do and you are better than that.

This used to be discussion is turning into more of a right/wrong debate. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions (whether they're reasonable, well founded, or not etc.) Please let's try not to get too particular. Thanks:D

Sig Battle Wins: 5
DigitalTypographyNightvision.gif
My Gallery
| Smoke>Flames Tutorial

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 4% who will

It was unfair that you had a pop at welsh, he was just expressing his opinion. And I know he was moaning at us for not being active in the galleries but just leave it. I really don't want to fall out with anyone, and I'm sure you guys don't either.

inversionsigmodified.jpg

My Brick Wall Tutorial....|....My Gallery...

Makes me laugh there are more people posting here than on the sig battles, oh well.

By the way I wasn't having a go at welshy but he did come on to a sig battle discussion thread to moan about something else ( a matter already resolved by the way or so people thought) Maybe he should of posted in the rants thread. No matter how you spin it it was quite obvious what you meant by your "I'm not sure I like this place anymore"

Edited by minners71

Ok - everyone has said their piece. Let's leave it there.

On Topic......,

• 3 weeks later...

I sometimes have that effect boltbait.mrgreen.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Well outside of the side discussion I end up leaving in the battles (ooops, should have gone offline with it ... or not ... heck I dont know ...) it seems people had been busy with the holidays etc.

But overall I'm still scratching my head a bit about the gradual slow down as seen from looking at posting trends in general ...

Neither here nor there I guess. Just wish people would vote in that darn thing as I have found it rather inspirational and the only way to get new stuff in there is to end a vote. I'm "bumping" the please vote idea here so I dont get dinged for it on the main thread.

Though the main thread may require reposting the current sigs and vote count to hint that it's there again.

Anyways, remote bump and some random thoughts about the competition and board status.

Gallery at PDN-Fans

• 10 months later...

Can you make something like "image battles" which is basically just two images as a battle? I don't want to be constrained by the size requirement and that it has to be a sig. Normal battle would be great :D

Oh look, I have post #321! :D

Edited by OddLlama

Here is my website - http://www.oddllama.cu.cc

Here is my gallery - http://oddalpaca.deviantart.com/gallery

Am I odd? - yes

Am I a llama? - yes

Off topic a bit but just re-read mine and welshy's tiff a few posts back and I wish to apologise. I was going through some stuff back then and I wasn't the easiest person to get along with and think I probably should of kept off the forums at that time. So if you are reading this welshblue sorry ;)

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I would like to propose something.

Sig Battles has lost so much organization over time because neither one of the original hosts (CSM and I) are as active as they should be to run this competition.

Since the time CSM and I became inactive, Image Battles has come into existence. It basically Sig Battles, but you can enter any kind of image you like. It is a bigger and better version of Sig Battles, ran by a new host.

What I am proposing is that we shut down this thread, and Sig Battles as a whole, and let Image Battles take it's place. Do any of you want to do this? I feel it would be the better thing to do, and we could have a nice and organised competition taking place with an active host.

--

Thanks,

Chrisco97

Edited by chrisco97

Lol, I have been gone so long I forgot all about the discussion thread. If this tells you anything, I thought I was still a co-host of the competition. I had no clue Minners had been put in charge of the competition. It should be his say, sorry for the inconvenience guys. My fault. I just thought (this is when I thought I was still a co-host) that it would be better to shut down the competition since neither one of us original hosts are really active anymore and the competition is slowly becoming more and more unorganized (once again, not knowing somebody else was running it). I should have checked the thread and I am deeply sorry for spamming the thread. Let's end the discussion here and let the competition continue. ;)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...