Sig Battles (ENTRIES/VOTING ONLY)

chrisco97

Oh thank heavens an easy choice....7e86cfd3.gif

MrSnaredog : Very clever concept; might consider a bit more text size,  to make legibility better.

Sasha :Nice 3d effect; very visible color combination. Not fond of the upper leading edge of the bottom "tiles" being undefined (by line or color variation)

MrSnaredog --0

Sasha--1

What a chore to chose.a3de4dcb.gifGood job both

Scooter

Age is only  a number --in my case a Really BIG number, but there you have it

When the prefect paint.net image is created, I will still be wondering "How they Do that?"- sigh☺️

• 3 weeks later...

MrSnaredog, good try as others have said and maybe added lines and/or blurs behind the object to show movement.

Sasha, the colors on your name - perfect together and with just the right amount of bevel. The angle of the whole sig gives it drama.

Needs a little bit of something at the front edge of the base to show some definition.

MrSnaredog - 0

Sasha - 3

SloppySig.png

Nice entries.

Mottoman I feel your name gets lost on the background (maybe shouldn't of been so big height wise) otherwise a nice clean work.

Welshblue Another fine sig you have there, can't find anything wrong with it and I am a little bit envious of it.

Mottoman - 0

Welshblue - 1

Just after posting I found a fault, the base of the shadow gets cut losing the soft edge ;)

Edited by minners71

Mottoman  very nice nickel plating on the text.  

Welshblue  A fine alien cord lock for their hoodies-    :P ...........and I don't care a fig about the cut shadow...... tease.gif a grape is altogether a different thing though

Mottoman - 0

Welshblue - 2

cheers_zps84ce3d07.gif

Scooter

When the prefect paint.net image is created, I will still be wondering "How they Do that?"- sigh☺️

Mottoman I like the metal texture look but it's a little too plain and lacks an eye catcher but is a nice job at what you have. 

Welshblue I voted for your entry in the comp and I will have to give you my vote here also but a demerit on the shadow,lol.   ;)

Mottoman= 0

Welshblue= 3

Now Welshblue let me show you how a pro does it,heh,heh.     :D

I call this the SkullbonzWelshy Sig inspired by Welshblue's recent entries.

sig2-b-500x135_zps8bb9a410.png

• Upvote 1

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

Skullbonz - I don't really see the need for the coloured things on the ends. The middle is also a little dull compared to the nice shine on the spirals. Also a nice metallic text would have worked better too. Its a nice creation and well thought out, but does not need the colours (or the heavy drop shadow around the main body)

DrewDale - The concept here is very good I love the gold and silver combination, I do think the font is slightly over large and the drop shadow cuts off towards the bottom too quickly, but over all you have made a nice creation.

To vote - 

Skullbonz - 0

DrewDale - 1

A tough call, I like them both, but the colours on Skullbonz are a distraction. 

ZXCBOoZ.png

• 2 weeks later...

Skullbonz - I like the added colour and the skulls on the end makes the metal parts look shinier, well done.

Drew - Also a great entry but too similar to Welsh's

Skullbonz - 1

Drewdale - 1

Also like the way Skulls text fits the contour of the barrel.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Skullbonz - 2

Drewdale -2

Drewdale has created a smooth, professional illustration. The color pallet is in the same value range so as to not give a jarring look to his creation

--in a quiet aside....... NEXT VOTER, PLEASE!

Scooter

• 1 month later...

Whoa this hasn't been voted on in a while, I may as well so the next battle can begin. Both are great pieces as both have depth and metallic textures, 2 things I highly favor. I had to go with Skull's just for the chrome effect on the outer conical portions of that image. It is not an easy effect to pull off but if done right, it looks great!  A round of applause for both Drew and Skulls, kudos you two. :D

Skullbonz - 3

Drewdale - 2

Next batter up. :D

Edited by RFX

RFX5A1.jpg

Phenomenal: I really like the effect you placed on the individual rays, and I'm a big fan of the Black/Red combo.

Chimay: Very clean and simple. The smoke effect and the zoom/glow on the objects are both very nice.

My vote: Chimay. Both are great sigs, but Chimay's just edges ahead a wee bit.

Score:

Chimay: 2

PD: 0

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Both are very nicely crafted.

However my vote goes to Mike, as his has a solid compact aspect (text-color -"electric flame") to clearly get  his message/name across.

Beta0 your background effects are almost ethereal, very nice.  The text color however, gets lost into the background, losing its value as a signature. Though I do like the font.

MikeRobe           1 

Beta0                  0    

Scooter

• 4 weeks later...

MikeRobe, very cool. Your signature reminds me of some tutorials I've been wanting to try. I love the "cool digital" feel to it.

Beta0, what can I say? I think I'm seeing a bokeh style with your signature, it's shiny, and it's pretty! I'm loving your signature.

I Vote for Beta0, But great and wonderful pieces both of you!

Edit
(thanks nitenurse79 for pointing out to me on how to play.)

The score is now...
MikeRobe - 1
Beta0 - 1

Edited by Cc4FuzzyHuggles

OH, For crying out loud! annoyed_gaah_zpsa8b2ccf6.gifCome On People! 

Where are the votes/voters??? Hummm?

Thankfully Nitenurse,  thank-you_zpsea1c35d7.gifdonated her valued time to straighten out the voting; AGES ago (well in a fruit fly's time frame 5a3d6f28.gif)   

Which leads us to MikeRobe and Beta0 deserving some response to their entry's.  

Now before I run further afoul of the rules and "HE" df6884b2.gifstrikes me downlightin_zpsf4063b23.png ,     I'll  close  my rant-et*

.......................................................................................................................................................*smaller than normal rant

dirtkick_zpsba8a6a53.gifBesides just 'cause I want to enter a sig, an' can't  'til these two buffalo's  er  Fine Artists  move on down the road   uh  get their awards   doesn't have anything to do with it.........well maybe just a scouch Angel_zps59bcff5e.gif

Scooter

Ya know, Scooter, you could have voted to help things along a bit :lol:

Anyway, I'll give it a vote.

Mike: Your sig is very clean and simple, but kinda sci-fi. Very cool.

Beta: I really like the bokeh and the curvy lines, buit your text fades into the background too much.

My vote is for Mike, making the score now: Mike- 2, Beta- 1