Sig Battles (ENTRIES/VOTING ONLY)

chrisco97

Mayor - 1

Axle - 0

Both are great sigs, but I am going with Mayor because Axle's is a bit bland and Mayor's has some great lighting and has more of a "WOW" factor. But his text could be better placed instead of in the corner of the sig. :)

Edited by chrisco97

Axle's colors are go a bit more with the render, the flow is nice, and the focal point is shown properly however, there should be more lightning.

Mayor's text is a bit off and the head is half cut off

2-2

Rookking-2.pngDrinkingsodagif.gif

I prefer Axle

Mayor - 2

Axle - 3

They are very simular signatures in general terms but my opinion prefers Axle.

But can't either of you make a decent border :(

Maybe minimilist for signatures but for a competition at least two black lines hardly cut it for determining what sig looks better and was more thought out. Don't you feel borders are important?

Okay I am entering my latest signature I just finished for someone who is a Might and Magic fan.

tonigfinish2.png

Edited by StarDebut

@StarDebut: It depends on the style of signature you are doing. For the style these two are aiming for, you don't need nothing more than a simple black border. It doesn't warrant a fancy border. :)

--

I'll enter:

assassin__s_creed_signature_by_chrisco97-d3crbmv.png

Edited by chrisco97

Chrisco: I like the dark and mysterious feel this has to it, the effects around the shoulders are nice and the subtle smudging works nicely too. There is a lot of empty space here, and the render looks to be a little to over-contrasted. But overall, its quite nice, :D

PhantomLegioner: I love the border and the background, they go very nicely with each other I must say! But the render and the over laying effect doesn't fit very well with the background, and i honestly cannot say what your render is. I apologize If i might seem harsh, but you cant learn if you don't know what your doing wrong.

Overall, I'm going to have to go with the most experienced sig.

Chrisco: 1

PhantomLegioner: 0

• 3 weeks later...

I really like Chriscos sig because it looks like the guy is walking through a wall of fog or mist.

Phantom Legioner, ii think that there is just a bit too much going on infront of the focal pont of the sig.

chrisco97------------------2

PhantomLegioner---------0

Balance%20weave.jpg

K_I_N_G >>> the coulours are great and the backgrounds and effects are too but the text needs to be somewhere else or more subtle.

PTG >>> i love the colours, and the electricity look, and the text, and everything about it. the simplicity is brilliant. but the text is on too much of an angle and i'm twisting my head to get the effect.

this was a really hard one as they are both wonderful. but that tipping of the head is a big anoyance so i'll have to give this one to K_I_N_G

_______________________________________________K_I_N_G:_1

___________________________________________________PTG:_0

• 2 weeks later...

K_I_N_G- 2

PTG- 0

King's signature was much brighter the flow is great and the render is clearly shown, and the text is easy to read

PTG- No clear render, the text is hard to read, as axle said, lots of head turning. I like the vivid colors and how it seems the text is bouncing out at you

Edited by Rookking
Rookking-2.pngDrinkingsodagif.gif

Well since I was ignored, I will enter this signature.

Seems like forever since I last participated in this :P But I'm back and well, I HIGHLY doubt I'll win, but here is my newest signature. Please critique mine as much as possible so I know what to fix in the future, considering I am getting back into graphics again.

Entering:

missfortune.png

Click my signature to register for the game my signature is based off of

:) If you get to level 5, it helps me too!

• 1 month later...

Both sigs are incredible, and being both an anime fan and a gamer (that game specifically), it was extremely difficult to choose between the two. I will, however, give my vote to mattz because the one complaint I have between both sigs is the fact that the outlines on the anime render were a little too sharp when compared to the background. Great work mattz and rookking!

mattz 2

rookking 0

ps @mattz: mind if I steal one of your League of Legends sigs?

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

mattz 2

rookking 1

Simply because I feel as though more effort was put into it, and therefore a better outcome. However yes it is a little sharp.

One criticism I have mattz is that a lot of your sigs use sort of the same techniques so they all seem to look the same.

tumblr_lr1sbohvzl1qbh4zh.png

Blog                     Twitter                     My Gallery

• 3 weeks later...