The Forums Are Back! (Post problems here)

Rick Brewster

I see somebody found a Fast Reply mod ;)

Fast Reply only works in some places. I cannot see the Fast Reply in the offtopic thread, for example

I second Simon's request for better icons per post and forum. Just minor alterations - like greyscaling or transparency - would really help at just glancing at topics.

signature.png

There isn't a view your own posts link, but you can always use the Advanced Search option and search for all posts written by a specific author, in this case you.

signature.png

There is certainly some new things to get used to. Well, i will manage. I see the point in having the forum at a dedicated server, and thereby better control.

My DA: http://leif-j.deviantart.com/

--------------

Some people seek justice so persistent, that they will do great injustice themselves.

By any chance, can I get my avatar back ?

I can't log into the old forum and searching it in my 3TB of data is, erm... no.

Anyway, I'm liking this new forum. There will goes some time to get used to it, but there is a few nice small new things.

Edit: inline editing = WIN.

My avatar was also gone but I just updated my profile. Upload your chosen avatar and save the settings and that should do it.

As far as finding new posts is concerned I have been clicking on the `View New Content' on the far right of the page. Seems to do the same job as the old `New Posts' button.

I do like the new emoticons as well. :D

Also will there be a choice of skins in the future?

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

My avatar was also gone but I just updated my profile. Upload your chosen avatar and save the settings and that should do it.

Problem was he'd lost it.

KaHuc.png

Sorry , never realized. :huh:

I`ve just checked out my wine glass tut ( ) and I noticed that the tut and the first five replies are repeated 4 times on the first page.Just thought I would mention it.I`m sure it`s just a hiccup with the new forum.

Edited by Goonfella

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

Click on "Edit my Profile" -- it's all the way on the right side of the screen. Took me a minute to find it too.

I followed your quick guide, got to the part where I could edit my profile, but there is not a single area for the AIM information. Only other IM clients.

signature.png

I followed your quick guide, got to the part where I could edit my profile, but there is not a single area for the AIM information. Only other IM clients.

Weird. When I log in to my account, I can edit my AIM info, but if I log in with a general member account, I can't see an AIM field to edit. I'll check into why that is and see what I can find, but in the mean time, I've removed your AIM information for you. ;)

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

One more clarity thing, could you make the fact there's an unread message on a thread/board a bit more evident? This method is nice just a little hard to tell at a glance and I'm lazy. Thanks.

4501470889_5a71ed4d66_o.png

- Any thoughts? -

I just saw this, thanks for the vote of confidence Mike Ryan.

I've been putting off looking in my gallery, no doubt it's a nightmare. Also, are [hide] tags going to reappear on this forum, or are they gone for good?

EDIT: So, from looking at my gallery (which was in surprisingly good condition), in the second post, my hide tags are intact, bizarrely enough. They don't work though, just show up.

I'm going to ask another forum's admin for the code for hide tags, hopefully they'll be cooperative.

I'm going to ask another forum's admin for the code for hide tags, hopefully they'll be cooperative.

Crazy Man Dan is already working on it.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I was wondering for our profile pictures, does it have to be a picture, of can it be like a second avatar that was made in Paint.NET?

ufoforestsig.gif

I was wondering for our profile pictures, does it have to be a picture, of can it be like a second avatar that was made in Paint.NET?

It's supposed to be an actual picture I think. I doubt anyone's going to be mad at you if that's not what you do though.

Edited by Sidereal

I'd be surprised if the mods made a rule stating that your profile picture must be a picture of you. Mine is the same as my avatar.

KaHuc.png

Hey guys, I've got a secret...

Hidden Content: I've got a secret...
The hide tags work again. ;)

One thing, though: the [reason] tag doesn't work any longer. It wasn't used that often anyway, but unfortunately, IP.B insists on breaking my inline onclick/onload/onanything calls, so the rewrite doesn't fire.

However, I only did it that way because PHPBB didn't allow us to create tags with optional options. IP.B does. So now, if you want to title your hidden divs, the syntax is:

[hide="title"]Hidden stuff[/hide]

To leave your block un-titled, simply omit the ="title" in the opening tag.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

I've been working on repairing some broken links in previous posts.

This forum's software insists on posting the first "W" in LayersWindow

as lower-case, which results in error - 404 Not Found.

Using Firefox, Opera or Safari.

(Does the same to ColorsWindow)

http://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/en/LayersWindow.html

http://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/en/LayersWindow.html

Just something to add to the fixit list.

Edited by Sarkut

I must say this: I am totally digging the interface, especially the new post reply, it is so much more organized than it was with Forumer. The login actually takes me back to the last thread I was looking at rather than to hop to the login screen and then click, click, and click just to get back to the thread I was reading. This will be useful if I wanted to drop a quick line or two. Kudos to Rick and pryochild for all the sweat, tears, and blood that was surely split to move the forum here. :thumbs-up:

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

Wow this place got an upgrade since I last saw it lol, looks great!

Puteulanus___Jake2k_by_Club_PaintDotNET.png

^Click to visit my Flickr Gallery^