Storm / Vortex Tutorial

Mayor_McSteeze

Well, I do have to agree with Netbook. :lion:

(´・ω・`)

Oh well.

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice tut! It was easy to follow, and also pretty funny ;D Anyway, here's my outcome-

Vortex.png

It's not very creative, but I'm really happy with it. Thanks! :D

Mysignature.png

Click signature to visit my blog!

:D

"Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, and Today is a gift. That's why they call it the present. - Anonymous"

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks. Heres one that actually followed the whole tutorial:

VortexDark.jpg

And my favorite one, that didn't really follow it but is my favorite (as stated before :P)

IcyVortex.jpg

• Upvote 1

The hardest part of ending is starting again. 

• 1 month later...

Wow... The inside of the vortex looks epic, and the outiside could even be like a rose tutorial, will definatly try this out. It looks cool with blues :)

If someone showed me this before, i wouldent think it was PDN, pro stuff here.

Edited by SAND33P

eOdUjVm.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hey, I'm new to Paint.NET and made this while following your tutorial and experimenting a little bit.

vortex.jpg?t=1322765903

And catron44's vortex really looks awesome, I hope one day I get that good as much of you guys.

I do have to say that at step 3, the luminosity, the picture doesn't work/exist. Other then that, nice tutorial :D

Also, new picture, made using this tutorial(Rly love this tutorial).

Dunno.png

Edited by Ellipsis

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like a flower to me XD but it still looks extraordinary!

BTW, what about step 3? The image isn't viewable >.<

Edited by CrazyPainterz

Q1QE4.png

Paint with PDN like there is no tomorrow!

Hey, I'm new to Paint.NET and made this while following your tutorial and experimenting a little bit.

vortex.jpg?t=1322765903

And catron44's vortex really looks awesome, I hope one day I get that good as much of you guys.

OMG! IM so embarrassed! I did that vortex within a week of when I got Paint.NET. If anything its a fluke xD THank Ellipsis.

• Upvote 1
Pyroonwater.png

I just this second signed up to the forums, I've been browsing them for a long time while messing around in Paint.net <3.

My girlfriend has just let to go to the store & while shes away I thought I'd make her something nice to post on her FB wall <3 ... this is the product of my work having followed this tutorial:

ElectronicRipple.jpg

I also made this afterwards:

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/SoundKiller777/EyeOfARose.png

Edited by Ego Eram Reputo

Nice work Soundy777 & welcome to the forum!

I've replaced your second image with a link - Forum Rule #29 explains that images posted must not be larger than 800px in any dimension.

Nice work Soundy777 & welcome to the forum!

I've replaced your second image with a link - Forum Rule #29 explains that images posted must not be larger than 800px in any dimension.

Hi! :3

Thank you for replacing it with a link, I diddn't know about that rule I shall read through them all <3 should have done that first sorry was a lil exicited about my first post :)

• 3 weeks later...

I love this tut! However, the picture that shows the Luminosity settings isn't working.

EDIT: After fiddling around with the Luminosity settings, I found the solution.

I can't do the vortex without it. In the meantime, here's one of my earlier ones after I did a couple:

http://i597.photobuc...icmadness-1.png

Edited by Burngirl
Replaced overlarge image with link (Rule #29).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Effects | Photo | Sharpen ;)

Step 6: Duplicate :DuplicateLayer: the current layer. Was the wrong icon :( but I fixed it :D. Look for that icon at the foot of the Layers Window.

• 1 month later...