WOTW #16 | Theme is: This Day in Music History

flip

WOTW #16

Theme is: THIS DAY IN MUSIC HISTORY

Rules: (different rules than normal.)

Go to this website, http://datadragon.com/day/

Scroll down to below the listing and click on "Pick your own day" and enter

the day you were born (the personal part).

In the middle of your wallpaper enter that day in BIG letters.

Example FEBRUARY 28th

You must do a cool text effect (3D, gold, chrome, etc.) on that text.

Your background will be a collage of images from the list. You can use any photo manip/modification

effect on the photos you want or the mosaic plugin for example.

You can use Google Image search, Wikipedia, or any other resource to acquire the images for your background.

You may also embellish the background with random musical notes, sheet music,

or musical instruments of the music/musicians/composers on the list.

You may also include images that may be representative of the title of a song

or event on the list.

If you have any questions, post them in this thread or PM Possum Roadkill. (or flip) I would be happy to help anyone interested.

•••

Entries:

csm

welshblue

barbieq25

j.d.melek

Possum Roadkill

D'ya have to use every person on the list ? Please, please say I don't have to google Michael Bolton ...

Well seeing as it's you and that it's Michael Bolton. Yes you do. :lol::lol:

No, you don't. I picked four off of my list and I'm starting to see that may be too much for what I want to do. I think there should be a minimum of three people/songs/events from the list. I think that should be enough. I have maybe three or four photos of each of the four people on my list and I think that should fill the background enough. I think it all depends on the size of the photos you choose, but I think everyone should use at least three people/things off the list.

[EDIT] too complecated(?) for me..

No it's not ! Come on, you can do it. Just go pick out a text effects tut and learn how to make cool looking text, like 3D text, and pick a few photos off the list and use the mosaic maniac plugin and you're good to go ! I have faith in you, you can do it ! You don't want me to pester you do you? I'm really good at whining and complaining.

EDIT: ! The plugin is now called Collage Paint. It's really cool and easy to use. Just put all your photos in a single folder, run the plugin, select that folder, tweek the settings, and it does the rest. I know you can do it ! It'll be fun. Trust the Possum !

EDIT # 2 : I just posted an example in my gallery on pg. 14 if anyone needs a more visual explanation. :D It took me about an hour, but I'm slow, and I'm a possum so what do you expect? viewtopic.php?f=26&t=30285&p=323961#p323961

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

Do we need to list our stock etc?

Way cool idea!

No, you do not. There will be so many images it would be impractical. Also since some people may not choose to use a photo manip/mod and just use the stock image, there really is no need. This is more about the text and the overall composition of the collage.

Just entered my birthday 19 December and it basically came up blank (one song) so can i use today's date as an alternative ?

Just entered my birthday 19 December and it basically came up blank (one song) so can i use today's date as an alternative ?

That has happened twice now. How bad is the song? Go ahead and use the one song or choose another significant date, like a family's birthday or wedding day or something like that. If you just choose a random day, it won't have the same significance to you. It's as much about the date as it is the songs or artists, that's what makes it personal to you. Just think, Welsh Blue will forever think of Michael Bolton on his birthday, and I will be thinking of Celine Dion. :lol:

Wow ! Three awesome entries so far. Guys, those are absolutely wonderful !

A note to everyone:

Remember it's more about the date than it is the artists or songs. Just because they are older artists and not from your era does not make them any less talented. If they are featured on this site, they either sold hundreds of millions of records, had Grammy's, were musically innovative, or were huge stars in their time. So, you see, the music you listen to today will be the music of yesterday for a future generation, and thus will be music history.

hi there. just thought i would try and join in the fun. "collage paint" not easy for a junior..still dont know if i,ve figured it out yet..anyway..here goesvanwotw16.jpg

O.M.G.... Ithink i might have

cracked it,.... only took two ( YES...TWO) days!!

thanks "possum"

appreciated j.d.

th_wotw16moondance.jpg

All you have to do is highlight, and click one of the buttons above of what you are typing. For your entry, just paste the url in, highlight it, and click the "IMG" button.

You make me laff Possum' :lol:

The birthday I think of Michael Bolton is the day I wire myself up to the mains ...

BTW ... I think I got the idea wrong for my WOTW entry ... I concentrated on people not songs ... and then I posted the wrong image :roll: :?

edit ... j.d.melek I think you got your image tags wrong :wink:

No, you have it right. It can either be the song, the artist, a musical, whatever, as long as it happened on that day.

sorry- will get it eventually..I hope. thanks.J.D.

EDIT: Good job JD ! Way to go !

thanks for all your help and advice "Possum" and Chrisco" but if I cant yet successfully move an image from one site to another, then maybe I shouldnt be here yet. Guess its back to basics for me ,keep up the good work, see you again soon. J.D.

thanks for all your help and advice "Possum" and Chrisco" but if I cant yet successfully move an image from one site to another, then maybe I shouldnt be here yet. Guess its back to basics for me ,keep up the good work, see you again soon. J.D.

Don't give up. I just sent you a PM. You can do this. You have a very nice entry, we just need to get it on the forum. I'd be happy to help in any way.

Any more entries?

Yes, I am still working on mine. I should have it done today sometime.

OK I'm done ! Why don't you give it the rest of the day in case someone else is still working on their entry. I'd like to see at least a couple more entries. :D Hint, hint. :D

This is my entry, February 28th. the late, great Eddie Rabbitt, Simon & Garfunkel, the late Brian Jones (Rolling Stones), and Celine Dion (ahhhhhh).

"I like to color"

Small version

ThisDayInMusicHistory2Small.png

Thumb to full size (1440 X 900)

th_ThisDayInMusicHistory2.png

Did I make this too hard? I thought there would be more entries. :(

If there is still time, I'll post an entry. However...

I think there should be a minimum of three people/songs/events from the list.

There are two composers for my date. One of their birth dates is actually not confirmed and the other is...let's just say there has only been one picture of him that ever made it to Google. I'm going with your "find some other personal date" idea ;)

EDIT: Server for the site crashed or something >.< I guess I'll have to wait

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo