Dreamer's Hideaway

EscapistAngel

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

After a long wondering (and wandering around the forum), I've made up my mind: I'll open a gallery thread of my own. I'm not very creative in terms of "pieces of art per elapsed time" (meaning I'm slow :P), but I like to think I take the time to fine-tune the few pieces I ever finish, let alone showcase. For the time being, enjoy these if they are to be enjoyable.

Be Welcomed!

You who have daringly entered these quarters, pray, continue with the same

astonishing bravery, and witness what some imagination, some awesome, inspiring music,

some skills with graphics and some incredible luck can produce!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Fanart xP Nah, say, art inspired by certain artists or music

Hidden Content: Fanart

Warning! Full size on average 1680*1050 and all are .png

Day_and_Night_by_Fingleschkaise.pngPain_of_creation_by_Fingleschkaise.png

1ee5eec20ffccc7e34d4db1298c6d073.jpg Sunrise_by_Fingleschkaise.png

Amour_Amour_by_Fingleschkaise.pngsonata3d.th.png

Wallpapers/Backgrounds

Hidden Content: Backgrounds

Warning! Full size on average 1920*1080 and all are .png

rosenrot2.th.pngCome_Forth_by_Fingleschkaise.png

Sunrise_on_the_Yonder_Hills_by_Fingleschkaise.png

Abstractish/ All the rest (Miscellanous)

Hidden Content: Miscellaneous

Lapin_tulisydn_by_Fingleschkaise.png chocolat.th.png

The_Abyss_by_Fingleschkaise.pngHarshness_by_Fingleschkaise.png

Realistic (tries)

Hidden Content: Realistic

b5315ab211485cb4eca2f86bfe353ae9.pngEnvy_by_Fingleschkaise.png

It_can__t_be_so_bad___by_Fingleschkaise.pngSnappy_by_Fingleschkaise.png

Next_Glass_by_Fingleschkaise.png ed24cfc56613578c724838ddadcb9af1.png

See Also: My dA for some bonus material I didn't find worthy of adding here.

Any criticism, most likely constructive, will be appreciated and received with pleasure.

Also, if you'd happen to be so kind, forget the "Angel" from my name. I signed to this forum mighty long ago and didn't use my account for a year or so. So, the -Angel is just a reminiscence of a folly of those long-gone times and I would get rid of it if I could (or would have the effort to plea one of the mods for mercy :P)

In short: Just call me "Escapist" :P

Edited by EscapistAngel

everythingfadestogreysi.png

Please forgive my possible complaints. I'm but an annoying little perfectionist when it comes to using english...

"I tremble in the presence of your terrifying skills of gardening."

Thank you all, surprisingly many have come so soon :O

it is amazing, how you adopted the Splashes plugin ( if I am correct ) to be a crack on the glass, great job.

That was actually a tutorial by MadJik, I'll see if I can find it. Nope, seems to have been lost to the abyss of Legacy Tutorials. That specific piece is my first proper glassy image :)

What'd you use to get the red lines effect

I copied the original black thingy over and over again decreasing its size, contrast and opacity every time (scriptlab by pyrochild saved the day and my wrist :P ) and lastly just a dark-red to transparent gradient on a new layer with funny blend modes.

Please forgive my possible complaints. I'm but an annoying little perfectionist when it comes to using english...

I copied the original black thingy over and over again decreasing its size, contrast and opacity every time (scriptlab by pyrochild saved the day and my wrist :P ) and lastly just a dark-red to transparent gradient on a new layer with funny blend modes.

Thanks, I may try that in the future myself.

timrise-small.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Update in the Wallpapers/Backgrounds section!

Sunrise_on_the_Yonder_Hills_by_Fingleschkaise.png

EDIT: I could of course say something about it.. Started playing around in PdN after coming across this (viewtopic.php?f=31&t=27095) old beauty, and half an hour later...

If I can recall correctly, it was quite according to Ash's legendary chrome tutorial, but with some motionblurred, grayscale noise, a few duplications and blend modes on two, differently luminous, straight rectangles which, after I was all happy and had flattened them, I used Polar Transformation on.

O Almighty Carp, the Creator and Maintainer of all that is fishy around the forums, what a sentence :D

Another, if small, update (located under Fanart)!

Made just tonight, following aguba's wonderful 3D tutorial (viewtopic.php?f=31&t=33668)

sonata3d.th.png

And, also! The whole main post is now fitted with links to full-size images either in my dA or ImageShack.

• 1 month later...

I completely agree with Oma! Very very nice job on those two, they're fantastic!

I saw the puppet in your avatar and had to come check out your gallery.

You've got some really great artistic potential here, do keep it up! :P

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

• 5 months later...

Long time no sea, no lake nor posting.

I saw the movie Chocolat (a wonderful one, if possible, do watch :D ) a couple of days ago, and tonight I started wondering if I could make a picture of the taste of the perfect cup of hot chocolate. I also had the urge to try Sharp's line sig tutorial. Behold, the mighty ostrich!

chocolat.th.png

Also to be found under the Misc. category in first post.

I must say, your work surprised me. I like your attempt on my tutorial, best I've seen so far. Sunrise on the Yonder Hills is also very well done. You're realistic works are what caught my eye the most though. I like.

And I have seen Chocolat myself. I enjoyed it, though I had to watch it with French audio and English subtitles :P