Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jubbathehutt

Wacom Tablet Compatible?

8 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, so I've been using Paint.net off and on for the past year or so, and have to say I love what I can do with such a great program (especially one that is "free").

I've decided to try my hand at what can be done with a tablet, rather than a mouse. I was curious if anyone else may use a tablet and can give me any and all impressions. This of course is assuming tablet compatibility is there and stable.

I'm looking to pickup this particular tablet: http://www.amazon.com/Wacom-CTL460-Bamboo-Pen-Tablet/dp/B002OOWC3I/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1264129800&sr=8-2

Paint.NET will work with a tablet, but it does not respond to pressure sensitivity.

I assume "pressure sensitivity" is in reference to the "touch" feature? In other words, I should be able to use the pen just fine, but not "hand suggestions"? Should it be just plug n' play, no drivers released specifically for PDN for use of tablets?

Pressure sensitivity means the drawn line gets thicker as you press the pen harder, and thinner with a lighter touch.

Ahhhh, thanks for clearing that up (makes sense to me now ;P)

I guess that's not a deal killer, but it sure as hell would be nice if it was an available feature. I assume PS offers this feature?

Thanks again gents.

I decided to treat myself and ordered it. Going to try it out next week with good ol' PDN.