How to Install Plugins ×

Starry Sky

mcamp14

So yeah. This is my first plugin and because it is my first I used pixel lab. The idea of this plugin is to create a starry sky, hence the name. Basically, if you look at any of the skyscape tutorials, you will see the need to make a starry sky. This almost perfectly does that. Here is a screenshot showing what it does.

Here is the Download Link

Before

beforez.th.jpg

After

afterm.th.jpg

I recommend clicking on the after picture for a larger view.

All that the plugin does is make the background black, adds noise, and then it increases the contrast to make less noise appear.

If you have any comments or suggestions, please tell me.

finalsig2.jpg

My Humble Gallery

Astronomy Fans group on facebook

I see things, I'm an astronomer

This is a good start. Saves me the task of putting little pin points all over the place. I have a couple of suggestions (or requests).

1. Make a slide adjustment for where the horizon should be. As you have it now, only small portion of the sky is created and to show more of the sky, I have to mark off small areas of an image to continue the sky's star field down further. (If that makes any sense.)

2. This works really well with another plug-in that was posted here called "Sparkles" which takes pin points of white dots and gives them flairs and glows. Is there a way for you to include something like it into this?

3. You should also include a random color generator for stars. White is good... most stars appear that way. But some do have color, like Mars.

Anyway... nice plug-in.

I thought PixelLab was dead? viewtopic.php?p=296754#p296754

I like to make my stars with the Add noise and Oil Canvas effects actually, with duplicated Additive layers - seems to add a lot of depth and variations in brightness, as opposed to uniformly bright stars / rain / snow / other types of precipitation which require natural depth.

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

I like to make my stars with the Add noise and Oil Canvas effects actually, with duplicated Additive layers - seems to add a lot of depth and variations in brightness, as opposed to uniformly bright stars / rain / snow / other types of precipitation which require natural depth.

@ 007nab, Wow thanks for the tip. That sounds like it will look really good.

@ mcamp, I'll give it a try and let you know what suggestions I might have.

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

• 1 month later...

Tried the plugin, not really working well for me. it makes a star field only at the very top, and very little of that. Thanks for the idea though. Let me know if you get it worked out.

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

• 2 months later...

Mcamp, would you mind letting me look at the actual project, or could you describe the steps you used? I'd like to see how you added the noise. I know PixelLab is pretty much dead, but I'd like to see what it can do.

Space...The Final Frontier. -James Tiberius Kirk; circa 2260s

YLOD VICTIM

• 3 years later...

It seems to me that this can easily be done with a built-in Paint.NET effect.

Open Paint.NET

Fill the canvas with black

Effects > Noise > Add Noise (Intensity: 100, Saturation: 0, Coverage: 2.02)

thank you so much - i could not that 'starry' to work - this is so much easier   regards