I often use Paint .NET to make or modify sprite sheets, and one of the things I've always wanted to do was see the animation in action without having to leave Paint .NET. This plugin will allow you to do just that. It lets you view any sequence of animations within a sprite sheet by adjusting the offset, # of columns, and the total # of frames. You can also save all the frames off to individual .png files. Saving an animation as an animated GIF is also supported.
New version 0.92 available (8/24/2015)
See the attached file for the download
For a video tutorial on how to use it, see:
Install it into the Effects directory
Open Paint .NET and you'll find it under Effects->Animation->Animation Helper
1) Added a checkbox to apply the xoffset to all rows instead of just the starting row.
1) X and Y offsets can now be set up to 10,000
1) Background color is now correctly rendered with animated GIFs
2) New checkbox to set transparent background for animated GIF.
Note: This currently uses black as the transparent color because it is
the only color that worked in all of my tests. The rest produced 'pixel bleed'
I'm still working on making this better...
3) BUGFIX: Animation framerate was not correct when saving an animated GIF
4) Fixed a possible unhandled exception
5) Included a version.txt file
6) Included a copyright.txt file
7) Works with Paint .NET 4.0 (may not work with 3.5 anymore. Not sure)
Edited by recursor, 24 August 2015 - 02:02 PM.